Long distance gorilla gardening?

FoolsParadise

We just acquired a sizable amount of property 4 hours from our home. It's backwoods, very secluded. Every stoner I know is saying, "Dude, you oughta grow a bunch of weed." But I'm not sure that's feasible considering we can't move down there any time soon. Has anyone here ever gorilla gardened long distance? I could stay down there a week or so when it's time to transplant seedlings. After that I'd have to pray for rain and may be able to check on them once every 4-6 weeks. A big concern is the deer population - much worse than what I had to deal with last year in a far less rural area. We'll be down there for vacation soon, so if I'm going to grow something next season I'd better start scouting and digging holes.

Thanks for any advice.
FP

Well hey, if you own the land, i don't see why you couldn't easily construct a fence to keep the deer out? i haven't guerrilla-gardened long-distance (GGLD) myself but i will be scouting a place to do so this week.. i figure keeping an eye on the weather forecast for the area is pretty much crucial, since it's about a 3 hour drive and four hour kayak away

But anyway i think you should do it, you could try making a few day trips down there and be as efficient as possible. if it gets to be too much trouble you could just stop going down there and hope for the best... but anyway you'll probably need a few days at the end of the harvest to chop and hang those pretty plants..

maybe enlist one of your trustworthy stoner buddies to help out, make the odd trip. take the load off and such!

A three hour drive and four hour kayak? WOW. And I thought I had tenacity. I took your advise and am going to try it. So far, I only have two spots prepared. Didn't realize how poor the soil is - red clay that erodes. I'm torn about how much to spend on seeds. Last season, I bought expensive fem seeds that grew into lovely manicured ladies. So I need to be realistic about the quantity I can grow down there since I wont' be around to pamper them. Uncle told me it's probably not as remote as I assume. It's not LEO I'd have to worry about but thieves. A fence would tip them off (can't afford to fence the whole property yet) so I picked two hilly spots that are hard to get to. Hopefully I'll get a few more spots prepared before next year's growing season.
Cheers!
FP

Back
Top Bottom