Look at My pics and Offer Advice

wannaweed

Hello All.
Here are a couple of preliminary photos of my Armoir Cab currenlty under constructions. I have many more prior to this and many more to follow. I thought I would post these to get some feedback on lighting.
My plan (as it is today) is to wire 6 recepticles to the light panel hanging in the box. My question in how many watts of CFL should i use? What bulbs in veg and flowering?
DETAILS
Room for 6 bulbs per chamber
Chamber #1 (veg) 34" Tall X 32" Tall X 36" wide X 18" Deep.
Chamber #2 (flower) 37" Tall X 32" Tall X 18" Deep
Proposed # of plants 4 - 6
rsz_img_05241.jpg

rsz_img_0543.jpg

Obviously the light panel is just hanging stationary as I have not yet rigged the pulley system however I will have the ability to more the light up and down altering height from side to side.
I will add more photos once I have installed the fans and wired the light receptacles.
ANY AND ALL feedback, criticism or suggested are welcome to this newbie. First Cab and first grow is germinating as we speak.
Thanks in Advance for anything you have to ad.
Wanna Weed
:Rasta:

Looks awesome! built me one! lol
1 question: what are you going to use for airflow? exhausting? .. I have a similar one that I had someone built me. In total I had 2 exhaust and 2 airflow holes/ducting installed. my friend installed a 206 cfm for the heat stress and a ductbooster for air circulation and 3 regular fans inside. but was still too hot inside. Temps were in the high 90's so I said screw it and bought a tent. That grow closet was made of thin plywood 30x40x60, I still have it so I can use it for humidity for my seeds and clones. hope maybe i can steal some ideas from this post and add to my grow closet.. and put it back to work. Good Luck.

And instead of using CFL's why don't you use MH bulbs unless your in a budget. 250 watt or 400 watt bulb would go great in that grow closet. You would be growing grade A buds with the blue spectrum, then switch to HPS for flowering. But then again I believe those are the bulbs that made my grow closet extremely hot, so good ventilation is a must.

I'm using a 25"x25" x15"deep double layered box that is semi-waxed surfaced on the inside,when i spray my little one with water and monty's joy juice,it don't absorb through the box at all.i placed a new hard plastic cat litter box inside the box and i hooked up a fan for ventilation.i use 1 br40 shape=agro lamp. Looks like a floodlight.125w/ and a 2nd 75w same shape.they hang in from the top of box.when do i start the 12hrs on 12hrs off.i just got done harvesting my 2010 plant that was grown outside,didn't have to worry about when to shut the sun off.nature took care of that.the ones i have started in the box are on there 2nd&3rd set of leaves.please comment so i don't burn these up,at least not for several months. Thanks.

Heat is definitely a problem in small grow spaces. I grow in a 2.5' X 4' X 7' with T5's and cfl's and it is 84 degrees in there at present. I just switched from lights running at night to running during the day which may have been a mistake. I did use a 400w hps and only grew during the winter months, but heat was too much of a issue. I run a 200 cfm exhaust with filter, intake fan and inside fan. I do 12/12 grows from seed and I harvest plenty for personal use and enjoy the best herb.

You can make it work, but heat will be a problem. If you have any specific questions, we will try our best to answer. keep on tokin'

What should the temp be inside my home box descibed above.i have the fan blowing right over top of the water,and a square hole cut on other end of box.i'm heating 2 around 73-75degrees.I ALSO HAVE 2 MIRRORS INSIDE TOO.I KNOW THEY SAY TO USE HAMMERED SHINEY METAL,BUT THIS IS ALL I HAVE 4NOW.

Your temps are right on.

:hmmmm::hmmmm:I checked out your pics and I have a question; can you come and organize my garage?

Herb Fellow, if I agree to organize your garage, will you agree to help this newbie with some lighting questions? I think that's a fair trade :cool:

Ha, ha, you haven't seen my garage! 1500 sq. ft of junk. I'll be glad to answer any questions I can, no strings attached:passitleft:

Thanks Herb Fellow and for the record, my garage is NOT as neat as you may think !!
So.... You have looked at my Cab that I am building. I am struggling with wiring the lights. You can see by the photos that there are 6 receptacles, 3 on each end of the light panel. I am not sure how to wire them all together on one cord and quite frankly, electricity scares the SHIT out of me. Anything you can pass along in regard to how to wire these lights would be appreciated.
I sure hope you have some of those 1500sq.ft. set aside for some horticulture :cool:

:blunt:Thanks Herb Fellow,I checked them just about 20mins ago it was almost 80 in there,but I have alot of ventalation going on inside.Is that ok?

I am not the person to ask about wiring unless you desire to see your house burn down. I am sure someone around here will know the proper way or maybe one of those books like, "Electricity for Dummies" or for stoners.

Thanks for being upfront Herb and saving my house/garage. I already tried the "wiring for stoners" book and no help. I am actually going to switch out those receptacles and do it a different (safer) way this weekend. Just losing sleep over that type of McGiver wiring.
So what about lights? I am planning on 6 - 42w CFL's in each, may increase to 75w for flowering. That is in a space that is 36" tall X 36" wide and 18" deep. What do you think? Are you experienced growing with CFL's?
THanks again for you help Man.
:hookah:

I have some CFLs in my grow room with some T-5's. Boss has a great journal of his poor man's grow with CFLs. Boss's Poor Mans Grow
The thing about lights is the more the better as long as heat can be kept down.

Looks good. You will probably want to do 12/12 grows to keep height down.

I was thinking f LST instead. What do you think? I think I could get 2-3 plant in there if I train them properly and all I am looking for is a constant supply for My wife and I so No need to go too crazy right.
I am going to upload some new photos tonight of the kick ass wiring I did for the light panels. I think I am going to own part of Home Depot by the time this is done :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom