New D.I.Y grow box advice

Makavelivdon

Hi i have made a new grow box for my second grow it is as follows

18" x 18" x 42"

The actual grow area is only 18" x 18" x 30"

I have put in a floor over the pot to prevent wasting any light and reflect light to the underside of the leaves this floor comes apart so i have access to the top of the pot

The ceiling can be raised an inch at a time as the plant grows to also prevent wasting light

I have a small usb fan at the bottom drawing a little air in and one at the very top pushing air out

There is 6 x cfl bulbs on the moveable ceiling and 2 x cfl bulbs on the inside of the door to give me a total of
9600 lumen of light, 2 of the bulbs are 2700k and the other 6 are 6400k spectrum

My current temps are 23.4c
And humidity is 51%

I have a home made c02 generator ( bottle of sugar, yeast, water ) that is placed next to the pot which has two airlines that I hang above the plant.

The plants seems healthy enough at the moment (although seems a little to bushy) i was wondering if it would be beneficial to add 4 more cfl bulbs on the floor surrounding the plant to get better light penetration to the lower parts of the plant this would give me a total of 14400 lumen just not sure if it would be a little over kill and be detrimental to the plants health any advice would me much appreciated or anythink i could also do to improve the setup thanks
WP_20160212_010.jpg
WP_20160212_011.jpg
WP_20160212_014.jpg
WP_20160212_013.jpg
WP_20160212_0091.jpg
WP_20160212_0081.jpg

forgot to mention that the ceiling can be raised an inch at a time to accomodate growth and my plant is currently 22 days old from when i planted the seed and currently measures at 6" high and 12" wide I am watering with plain tap water 60ml a day the soil used is john innes farmyard manure mixed with john innes seedling compost and perlite

If your light ceiling fits too closely to the sides the top fan may have a hard time circulating air. Also, cfls do put off heat from the base of the bulb. It may not be much but it adds up. Make sure it gets some air flow across the bulbs to help maintain your temps. You may want to invest in one of those wireless outdoor thermometers you can get for like 10 bucks. You should be okay on your lights although you will probably want to change some of the 6500k out for 2700k when it comes time to flower.

Back
Top Bottom