My Second Grow 22 Days In From Planting Seed

Makavelivdon

Hi i am now on my second grow (in my new D.I.Y grow box) 22 days exactly from when I planted the seed.
she has been planted in john innes seedling compost mixed with john innes farmyard manure and perlite.
I am only feeding her 60 ml of ice cold tap water once a day just before lights go out.
My light cycle is 19 on 5 off.
She currently measures at 6" high and 12" wide

WP_20160212_0081.jpg

the grow box is 18" x 18" x 42" but the actual grow space is 18" x 18" x 30"

WP_20160212_010.jpg

The grow box is divided into 3 different areas i will beginning with the lower section first

LOWER SECTION
I built this area to hold the pot and where there is a small usb fan that draws cooler air in
I also house my co2 generator (bottle containing water, yeast and sugar) in here with the 2 air lines running up to the above compartment where the foliage is (not shown in pic)
This area is completly shielded from the light and remains cooler than the rest of the grow area

WP_20160212_011.jpg

MIDDLE SECTION

This area is painted matt white
The floor is removable to allow easy access to the pot
The celling can be raised by an inch at a time as the plant grows so no light is wasted
I have 6 x cfl bulbs mounted on the ceiling 5 are 6400k and 1 is 2700k spectrum
I also have 2 x cfl bulbs mounted on the inside of the door

My total light output in lumen's is 9600

WP_20160212_0091.jpg
WP_20160212_014.jpg

TOP SECTION

This is where the wires are enclosed i also have a small usb fan mounted on the top ceiling expelling air

WP_20160212_013.jpg

My current temp is 23.4c
with a humidity reading of 51%

I am considering mounting 4 or more cfls on the removable floor to add an extra 4800 lumen
and another 6 cfls on the side walls and back to add an extra 7200 lumen

This would give me a total of 21600 lumen

I am just a little unsure weather or not to do this as not sure if it will be to much light for such a small space
any advice on this or any improvements that anyone could recommend would be very much appreciated
Thanks

As far as I know, when it comes to cfl's you can never have too much light as long as you are not burning the plants. But I'm sure one of the local gurus here on 420 can confirm that for you. As for the fish water I'm not sure. I someone who runs an aquaponics system where the fish tank water flows in small amount to the plants pot and is then returned to the fish tank.
Keep doing what your doing she looks great

Cfls are OK to use just don't burn the plant, the get really hot and plants can't take above 80 85 degrees to much. Fish water idk. Never heard anyone using it but for regular plants like tomatoes and things. But should be good for them.

okay its day 24 now and I have taken listened to some advice tho not sure if i have done it correctly and damaged my plant?
I have used loom bands attached to cable ties to pull the main stem and top of the plant down and have used another to pull some stems in the opposite direction to try and open the plant up a bit and allow more light to the previously hidden leaves and keep the plant short

I have also added another 2 cfls which now gives me 10 in total with a total output of 12000 lumen

I have noticed a brown part on the edge and tip of one of the leaves (shown in the 2nd 3rd and 4th picture) if someone could advise what this may be and if i should be worried or not it would also be good if i have damaged the plant since opening her up or done somethink wrong if you could let me know as she now looks alot different from before
Like i say any advice or opinions would be great thanks

THE NEW LIGHT ARRANGEMENT

WP_20160214_001_1_.jpg
WP_20160214_002.jpg

THE PLANTS LEAVES INCLUDING THE ONE LEAF WITH THE BROWN TIP AND SIDE

WP_20160214_009.jpg
WP_20160214_008.jpg
WP_20160214_007.jpg
WP_20160214_006.jpg
WP_20160214_003.jpg

WP_20160214_013.jpg
WP_20160214_012.jpg
WP_20160214_011.jpg

As you can see its just that one leaf with the brown tip and edge the rest look okay i think Unless they are not if so please tell me otherwise

I grow in coco which has no nutes added. Everything the plant needs you feed the plant in coco. It's a soilless medium. If your growing in soil then could be a released of nutrients in the soil and causing little burn.
No the goldfish water shouldn't be causing it I don't believe. Just keep a close eye on the ladies and make sure the brown tip doesn't get bigger. If it does spread and get bigger then I would flush them.

Keep it simple stupid mak, and don't over think it. Like camo said these are tough little plants, but they still require some tlc. Im sure you've heard it time after time, just be patient & keep a level head man. It'll all fall into place for ya just like it has for so many us.

Hey Mak. Subbed.
Your plant looks good man. One little brown tip isn't something to get overly concerned about. Like others have mentioned, it's a strong plant generally. If your using seedling soil and also some manure/perlite mix there is definitely some natural nutrients from the manure for the plant to feed off. Like camo mentioned, keep your eye on it and if it spreads to other leaves, flush the plant. Honestly, it looks pretty healthy to me, Keep it up.
Cheers.;)

Thanks Camo420Grow but i haven't fed her with any nutes yet just ice cold tap water 60ml a day
and have now in the last 2 days also started watering with water from my goldfish bowl 40ml a day
surely that would not cause the brown tip and edge on that leaf would it

Why ice cold tap water? Sunburn on top and polar ice on the bottom might cause some problems in itself, no?

I Thought cold water would be better as i read cold water holds more dissolved oxygen than warm water
The soil is quiet warm and i feed her slowly with a 10 ml ink syringe so as no to shock her in any way

You want your water about 68-74ish degrees. I know if the root zone gets to cold certain mobile nutrients won't get to where they need to be, or just shut down all together.

Do whatever u can till u get another light. Never hurts down size to one room. Just have to figure it out

Back
Top Bottom