First Grow - DWC - 366W CFL 24800 Lumens - 4 Strains

Zilfana

This is my first time grow and I have invested a good amount of money for a decent mini grow. I've just started germination today, Feb 14 at 5:00pm. I've got some pics of the seeds germing as well as some pics of the grow area tomorrow. But first here are all the specs:

Lights:
1 x 2 foot 4 bulb t5 grow light
4 x 24watts x 100watts emitted x 2000 lumens
total- 96watts x 400watts emitted x 8000 lumens

6 x 45watt CFL's
6 x 45watts x 170watts emitted x 2800 lumens
total- 270watts x 1020watts emitted x 16800 lumens
Total Light -
366 watts - 1420 watts emitted - 24800 Lumens

Grow Area:

30" x 26" x 60" 46800 cubic inches (a little more than that of one square meter)
Part of a walk in closet with a homemade grow tent using a tarp (will have pics tomorrow)

Grow Medium:
Stealth Hydro ------------ System
6 Gallon reservoir

Strains:
1 x G13 Labs - Pineapple Express
1 x Green House Seeds - Super Lemon Haze
1 x DinaFem - Sweet Deep Grapefruit
1 x DinaFem - Blue Widow (Will pull before flowing to veg separately to take clones for future grows)

I used the method of taking a clean brownie container and wetting a paper towel and putting the seeds on it, putting a wet paper towel over them, then I rapped the container tightly in a pillowcase and put it on top of my router that heats up just a little bit. Here are the pics.
The seeds:
aytk3.jpg

The seeds being germed:
142u0q9.jpg

The seeds after checking them 12 hours later:
1645rp.jpg

Tell me what yall think and wish me luck! Will have lots more pics tomorrow!

Re: First Grow: DWC 366w CFL 24800 lumens 4 Strains

Well, having problems setting up the hydroponics system. The company didn't ship me a drainage kit and my reservoir has a pre cut hole for the drain kit. It was supposed to come with one. Since I'm not going to wait for them to ship one to me, I'm just going to get some parts from the hardware store and effectively plug the hole.

Got my grow are all set up, even the lights, all but the hydro system. Don't have pics yet, will have some tomorrow.

Checked my seeds today, the blue widow and pineapple express have cracked open but the other two haven't. I'm sure they will soon if they haven't already. I'll have pics of the whole grow area up later tonight.

Alright, here are the pics of the grow area. But first, the news. I checked the seeds earlier and the blue widow hasn't changed much but the little root on the pineapple express seed has grown to about a quarter of an inch! The other two still haven't popped but they look like they're about to.

I broke the little cheap thermometer that came with the kit, so I went and got a new one. It has a little sensor for outdoor temp, but I just put it in the water so I have room temp, and water temp, on one screen.

Temp: 74 degrees
Water Temp: 73 degrees
Humidity: 42%
keep in mind I when I just took those readings I had just put in the humidifier, and in about 15 minutes it rose from 31% to 42% so i'm sure it will soon reach suitable levels. This is all with full lights to test the temp. I have a fan on it and will soon have a full cooling system integrated into the tent. But are these suitable water temperature levels? The grow I was looking at has 68-71 for the water temp.

Anyway, the pics, here they are.
wgy3c.jpg

qpm64y.jpg

nvxeh4.jpg

Very nice! Has the rest of the seeds cracked yet? :morenutes: I'm probably going to add nutes today or tomorrow all 3 of mine are showing there 2ndset of leaves

Yeah, I checked them, and all have cracked and have seeds except the Sweet Deep Grapefruit, but I looked at it closely and the tip of it has cracked open just a little, so I'm sure it's on it's way. The pineapple express root is already at least a half an inch, the rest are still little nubs, maybe an eight of an inch.

Got my humidity at 80%, and working on my water temp. I've got my humidifier on my res now, and it blows cold air. Whats a good root water temp?

Alright, i've done a major overhaul. I pulled out the heavy weapons and pulled out my huge metal body heavy duty fan. I've also acquired an ice-chest that i've wrapped in foil tape, just like the top of my reservoir. So now my stats are:
Temp: 77
W. Temp: 69
Humidity: 48% :( I've been playing with the ventilation alot and I had the tent open with the res out of the closet and I think some time the humidifier might not even have been on for awhile. Now that I've got everything set up I can let it sit and built up humidity again. I was at 99% this morning, i'm sure I can get it back up again XD

Here are the pics
11jm0bn.jpg

10h0dh3.jpg

oayrfq.jpg

Well, i've found some info that said 60-75 degree water temp is fine, but 65 is the best. I'm also going to get an aquarium thermometer. I think this sensor in the water may not be giving me an accurate reading because it's not meant to measure water temp. Now the only thing i've got to worry about is humidity. It's at 46% now :(

I only had the lights up so you can see everything. I'll have them nice and low after I put the seeds in.

The only thing i've got to worry about is humidity. I read that water temp is fine between 60-75, but 65 is best. I think 70 will be ok. I also think it may be this thermometer. I don't think it is meant to measure water temperature so i'm going to get an aquarium thermometer. I felt the water with my hand and it seems pretty chill. I'm doing fine on room temp. The only thing i'm having problems with is humidity. But I just topped off my humidifier and hung a wet towel by a close hanger, so I'll check later tonight to see what that's going to do.

Temp: 77
Water Temp: 70
Humidity: 46%

Really like your light adjusting setup probably going to try and mimic that lighting system when I build a better box then I have right now. If I build it this week I'm gonna try and send u a photo. can't decide whether to build the box or buy a ph meter both probably gonna cost around 70 bucks

That foil will reflect light like a magnifying glass man I don't know but thats why we always avoid foil. Cmo said it could burn a hole in the plants if it does reflect the light. I got some picks coming to
100_00816.JPG
100_00843.JPG
100_00924.JPG
100_00916.JPG
100_00854.JPG
100_0094.JPG
100_00952.JPG
100_00964.JPG

Still playing around with the camera getting better at it though. And those picks where taken today Feb 17th 2012 started on Sunday the 12th. This was just after a res change because of water temp. and the first dose of nutes only an 8th of a full dose. :morenutes:

Well, I've got my humidity up to 53%. I just can't seem to get it higher. Even if I can't, it will be at less then optimal levels but the plants will do fine in that humidity. Plus, when flowering I won't have to worry about my humidity being too high.

Whats your temp and humidity at vic?

Also, I think the seeds will be ready to put in tomorrow. The all have roots about a half inch long, except the sweet deep grapefruit. I'm worried about it. It does show definite signs of cracking open though and I can see what is clearly a little root bud trying to pop out. I'll find out tomorrow.

And i'll get some better pics of the top of the lights, ruperthedark. I've got all the cords pulled up nicely and hooked to the pole the lights are hang from. I also have the surge protector, all the secondary lights are plugged into, hanging from the rod. My canopy lights actually have a plug in to plug more lights in, and so I just plugged my surge protector into that, so all my lights run through the one plug.

I really never thought before to do my lights like this. Before I was racking my brain trying to thing of how to hang all these lights in that small of a space and still be able to raise them as the plants grow. And then it hit me to just hang them from the canopy. They all fit in with just enough room. Plenty of light B)

100_00964.JPG
this is my temp and humidity. Just woke up to 99% and water on my light lol but the plants are reaching for the light. No nute burn yet. That pic is from last night before dark I'll take on of this morning.

Back
Top Bottom