Looks like Ca deficiency, but not sure

Gorgothl

seems like I'm having calcium issues, thoughts please.

Using tap water, flora grow series, phosphoric acid for ph down, have calmag supplement incase I need more cal or mag. I'm DWC. Using tarantula microbes in rez.

Attachments

• 20200326_150919.jpg
    20200326_150919.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200326_150938.jpg
    20200326_150938.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20200326_150929.jpg
    20200326_150929.jpg
    729.4 KB · Views: 101
Hey, are you the same guy who posted about a white slime issue? I'm asking because I've seen forum posts elsewhere that stated the Tarantula product can cause that in a DWC setup. So I'm wondering whether you were using it when you got the issue? And, if not, has using it actually eliminated it?

Hey, are you the same guy who posted about a white slime issue? I'm asking because I've seen forum posts elsewhere that stated the Tarantula product can cause that in a DWC setup. So I'm wondering whether you were using it when you got the issue? And, if not, has using it actually eliminated it?

Hey, yeah I was the one posting about the white slime. The tarantula did clear it up, as well as clean all the damaged roots and convert it all to food. I have no residues in my rez.

But I believe that I have a calcium and magnesium deficiency here in these pictures. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Thanks for letting me know that the product helped. I'll "file" the information against future need.

Necrotic leaf tissue can mean a calcium deficiency, and green fading from the rest of the leaf while the veins are still green can be indicative of a magnesium one. But there might be other suspects (I don't have time to reference the charts/text in our help threads right now). Also, even if it ends up being those things, there might be some kind of root cause that is causing a lockout of those elements.

@Emilya , are you up for a little teaching / help? If not, I understand (and, regardless, I hope you are continuing your recovery!).

Thanks for letting me know that the product helped. I'll "file" the information against future need.

Necrotic leaf tissue can mean a calcium deficiency, and green fading from the rest of the leaf while the veins are still green can be indicative of a magnesium one. But there might be other suspects (I don't have time to reference the charts/text in our help threads right now). Also, even if it ends up being those things, there might be some kind of root cause that is causing a lockout of those elements.

@Emilya , are you up for a little teaching / help? If not, I understand (and, regardless, I hope you are continuing your recovery!).

Thank you, I did supplement with GH CALiMAGic for now just based off what I can see.

I'm thinking this damage may have come from when my plants weren't drinking and I was having the slime issues.

PH is sitting at 6.1 currently in all 4 buckets.

5.8 seems more reasonable for a hydro type grow. I suspect there is a bit of an iron deficiency going on too and Im wondering if a lower pH would help pick this stuff up. The major damage does look like calcium deficiency though and I would definitely add in the calmag at full strength asap
Normally I just put it down to 5.5, and then let it climb up to 6.5. It seems to be sitting stable currently at 6.1. Calmag was added ( 2 days ago now) at 2ml per 1L, so 12ml for 9.5L.

How long will it take for it to clear up?

Ca is better picked up with a pH above 6.0, and as it looks like you're starting flower I would start with a pH of at least 6.3 if not a tenth higher. I say this as your pH should start dropping in flower, so setting it higher to start will also help with that as well.

I recently stumbled across this article. While I have only glanced at it so far, it looked pretty interesting/informative (to me) and I bookmarked it for some future time when I'm feeling like I might be in the proper mindspace to understand/digest it. It discusses how the plant taking up one thing can change the electrical balance(?) of the nutrient solution, and how that affects other things. It gives examples of this thing, and discusses most elements that are important to plants. (NOTE: I cannot guarantee its accuracy, and am hoping that @Emilya might be inclined to read the thing and give me a "Yea" or "Nay" on it.)

It does cause me to wonder if, when I stopped being so anal about checking/adjusting pH for a while, some years ago, I might not actually have been "nailing that pH due to my massive (LMAO) experience and skill" and might, instead, merely have been supplying adequate amounts of nutrients. IDK.

Back
Top Bottom