Loose Buds Need Thoughts

Zodiakgrower7

I have cropped out 3 plants, 2 white widows and a skunk #1. Coming off the plant they were a little loose and i have ran into this before but after they are dried and cured it usually was resolved. Not the case this crop so far, I have had both of these strains finished before and it looked nothing like mine. Just curious if anyone knows why buds would do that, something that happened while growing that made it finish this way???? Any assistance is greatly appreciated :slide:;):bong:

Re: Loose Buds.....Need Thoughts

sounds like lighting...

what is your grow setup? temps? wattage? nutes and ppm?

Temps: 68-82 depending on if the lights are on
Fox Farms - Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha-Ching
6 plants under 1000w HPS Hortilux - 147,000 lumens
In soil, no Co2
I don't think it's the lights or nutes due to the fact only these 2 strains have done it and everything else has been the same. Do some phenotypes of the same strains produce different density buds? Just have never had it happen to me, thanks again for the input. You may be right Screwnuts, it's just weird that the other strains aren't doing it.

Maybe the position of the plants within the room had an affect on bud density, crack in door minor light bleed, fan wind, heat source, first or last in line for feed, parasite attack, edge of group with less light intensity, may be a little of all this shit, GRIMLINS...

frankenkush to the rescue, those are all great things to consider as well. next grow you should just try some new strains.

The answer to your question to differences in buds from strain to strain is yes it even varies in phenotype. My Blueberry might be denser that someone else's from a different breeder of Blueberry, same with taste, potency, finishing times and so on...

Frankenkush , Flurple , Screwnuts.....thank you all for the input. I am trying 12 new strains next grow starting in Feb. some Arjan's Haze 1 & 3 along with some Neville's Haze. I hope that's the problem but i'm also gonna look for light leaks etc., again thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom