Low potency?

joyjason

420 Member
My 2nd grow amnesia haze auto has been around week 15. I did a partial harvest around 10 days ago, and I did dry them. After a smoke, I did not feel high atleast 1/10th of what its supposed to. These are my growing environments:

- 60RH and 77F temp during flower,

- Nutrients - Advanced nutrients sensi bloom, kelp, seaweed, potassium phosphate, monosilicic acid, molasses, gypsum(for calcium)

- Media - Coco and perlite mix with some added vermicompost.

- Grow light - SF1000D

- Input ppm during flowering is approx 1200. She is a very hungry plant, I increased the ppm upto 2000 during flowering, and the runoff is less than 300.

- Trichomes were atleast 50% cloudy during the partial harvest.

But the funny part is that the banana purple punch that I grew in the same atmosphere has the same problem. So I think the issue has either to do with my weed tolerance (which I believe is not as I have started smoking recently), bad genetics (since 2 plant has same issue, I suspect it might not), or old seeds (which might be the only cause I can think of). My first grow was really bad, I messed up a lot, low quality flowers but still I had a great smoke out of it. Cant think of what happened with the 2nd one which i have grown with better control of the environment/nutrients/light combo.

FYI - seeds are from herbiesheadshop
1699471613651.jpeg

My 2nd grow amnesia haze auto has been around week 15. I did a partial harvest around 10 days ago, and I did dry them. After a smoke, I did not feel high atleast 1/10th of what its supposed to.
15 weeks and figuring 4 or 5 for the vegetating stage and 10 or 11 for flowering?

I have the feeling what you have is what you are going to get. The plant that has mostly yellow and brown leaves is done. The other one that is still mostly green does not look like it developed a lot of trichomes based on what I can see. A close up photo would help to see what is there but I don't know what your phone or camera is capable of. Would not hurt to try.

Old seeds will effect germination success rate not the quality of the plant. Grew a 40 year old Nepalese Thai seed into bud that turns you into a meditating monk. It's possible to get a bad seed but I would expect stable quality genetics from Herbies.

There is something wrong with feeding 2000PPM with 300PPM run off. The roots can't absorb that much nutrient that fast and your media should not be a micron filter. On that scale there shouldn't be more than a few hundred +/- between feed and run off. I had a meter that showed similar results. I found that the PH was messing with the meter. Tap water was 850PPM at 8PH. Adding PH down should raise the parts per million but it would drop to 300PPM at 6PH. That was the only meter I ever had on that crazy scale. 2000PPM on the old meter equals 500PPM on all my meters since. Could be nute lock out due to a faulty meter.

Did you test PH in and run off? A plant will starve to death in no matter the nutrient level if the PH is out of range.

50% cloudy is no where near ready so I wouldn't expect any real THC production yet. Of all the cannabinoids THC is the last to develop in the flower.

Autos are born with an expiration date. If there is any delay in growth it will prioritize its nonexistent seeds. Calyx will swell, leaves will yellow and dry out, the trichomes won't develop and ripen. A virgin trying to educe labor.

Autos only advantages are if you need multiple plants at different growth stages in the same tent or don't want to mess with light timers. Photo type are much easier manipulate and recover from problems.

Old seeds will effect germination success rate not the quality of the plant
Thanks for clearing this. This was the only reason circulating in my mind
Did you test PH in and run off?
PH in is 5.8 - 6.2 always, PH out is > 7, My tap water is 30ppm, I slowly add nutrients watching the ppm rise to atleast 1200. I think the ppm meter is working ok because it steadily rises, but noticed that after 1000ppm, it rises slowly.
Autos are born with an expiration date
I did try partial harvest 2 times at different weeks. They both were very low potent.
Only thing yet to suspect is the nutrients I feed in. May be I feed too much of something that caused it. I doubt if i did use the humic acid or silica(from silicic acid) too much. I have another strain Auto Critical Orange Punch at day 22. I will be using only advanced nutrients sensi bloom and lets see.

I would get a new PPM meter. 30PPM is what clean rain water measures on the smallest .5 scale. 600 being complete nutrient burn. I have soft water going through 2 micron filters and one carbon filter. .5 scale I run 145PPM. The meter that showed I was feeding near 2000PPM showed my filtered tap water was 750PPM.

You can not really over feed humic acid or silica. The plant will take what it needs and the rest will sit there doing no harm. over feeding AN and Sensi bloom can cause lock out. Too much of one element blocks the plants ability to absorb a different element. The second element builds up and can block a third, and so on. I would trust the feed chart from the manufacturers more than your meter.

Nutrient-Lockout-Chart-from-Excess-Nutrients.jpg

Back
Top Bottom