Lst going bad? Starting bloom phase help

Vaskkk

Hello i'm doing lst for these 4 auto, 4 indica and 1 sativa, almost 2 months ( 20 june seed planted) 250w hps and 50w more or less white neon at the bottom, i'm doing lst since the beginning and i let the plants grow a bit more without doing anything, lately the blooming phase started so i was just taking off some leafes but obv there are a lot of small branches that would never be big enough, i should cut them? I'm always afraid to put too much stress and it looks like the plant is getting a good amount of light, should i be more aggressive? Cutting small branches in the lower part of the plant? Anyway apart from some flies (i recovered from neem burns) i think they look good, in the last 10 days they changed a lot i will put more pics from the 20 july, i'm putting a lot of nutrients but they looks strong and don't suffer, i can go a bit heavier? Thank you for the help, next time i will try topping with some photoperiod, as lst seems to lower too much the growth at least for my ignorant point, i'm always paranoid and want to ask people who have more experience, peace ♥️ also i will put everything in a 100x100 box that i'm already waiting, with a proper air system (i'm currently fighting with heat with the hps 🥲

20230814_112656.jpg

20230814_111251.jpg

20230814_111245.jpg

20230814_111213.jpg

20230814_111211.jpg

Big, tall, bushy plants will benefit from thinning out the lowers since they get blocked from seeing the light. You don't have that issue so I'd just let them go.

For training, I'm partial to quadlining (link in my sig) which involves one topping and the some LST and is a great way to get well structured plants.

Your lighting makes it difficult to see the true color of your leaves, but as for nutrients, since you're in flower, have you changed your nutes to accommodate that?

Yeah sorry i forgot to send the photos with the lights off, anyway i'll check your profile thanks a lot! And also yes i changed nutrients, i'm using biobizz standard 3 bottles, i almost finished those so i will change fert (tips are welcome) in the next round, i'm doing a bit heavier dosage but they seems fine, s friend gifted me today the bloombastic by atami, They suggest 0.5-1ml a lt i attach also the info on the ferts, thanks again 🙏🏻

16920113805659156648051190209019.jpg

20230814_131350.jpg

20230814_131347.jpg

... forgot to send the photos with the lights off ...
World of difference now with the photos since the grow lights were turned off. The first set of photos made it look like the plants were starving for any and all nutrients. Now the plants look impressive with the much healthier green color.

... bloombastic by atami, ...
It is what some growers call "a finisher". It is supposed to be added to the fertilizing schedule for the last 4 weeks before harvest. Until then keep feeding with the fertilizers you have been used up to now. Also when the time comes to start using the Bloombastic do not stop the regular fertilizer, just add the finisher to the program.

Yes stupid mistake with the first pics 😅 thank you i really appriciate it, yes i will add it to the mixture in 10/15 days when i will be in the third month, can i ask you what brand of nutrients you use? I don't mind the price as long it's a good product that doesn't ruin the quality, thank you again for your help 🙏🏻

can i ask you what brand of nutrients you use? I don't mind the price as long it's a good product that doesn't ruin the quality,
Currently I am using Terp Tea Grow and Terp Tea Bloom from Roots Organic. I will supplement with natural or organic sources if I think it will help with the stage of growing the plant is in.

Cost is not a big concern since I will use it over a number of plants so by the time the container is empty it has helped with growing many plants.

I wanted to increass yield because having a low watt bulb was a nightmare with my previous plants, the lower branches were too small amd didn't get a lot of light, (it was a 150 cfl) also it's my first try with lst i just want to do an experiment and see the results, i don't know if it's the best solution because the growing phase was really slow and i don't know if these buds will become that big in the next month, i will get a 100x100x180 box so maybe i should try something different than this training?

just want to do an experiment and see the results, i don't know if it's the best solution because the growing phase was really slow and i don't know if these buds will become that big in the next month,
I am figuring that you do not have to worry much about the next month. The plants look like they have two months before harvest. Most of the time the buds get to being at their largest size the last couple of weeks. Looking at them in a month will not be the same as looking at them in 6 to 7 weeks.

..yes i will add it to the mixture in 10/15 days when i will be in the third month,....
I do not grow auto-flower plants but I figure that how I plan ahead for what I will be doing for my photo-period plants will work. I found that the best thing is to plan things based on the expected harvest date and court back from there.

Example: If those photographs are your plants from yesterday and they recently started flowering then I will count at least 8 weeks to go before harvest. Yesterday was Aug 14 and in 8 weeks it will be Oct 9 so I mark a calendar with the Oct 9th date as expected harvest. Then I would count back 4 weeks to Sept 11th and mark the calendar to start the finisher then.

It is still easy to make adjustments if it seems that the plants will not be ready for harvest on Oct 9. Adjust the start of the "finisher" to start on Sept 18th as an example.

With all that in mind I have the feeling that the best thing to do is skip the finisher. Mark the calendar as mentioned and fertilize as normal. Let the plants do their thing and watch them. Get an idea of how the buds develop and how fast they do it. Then the next grow or maybe after a couple of grows start to use the finisher to see what it will do.

Back
Top Bottom