Mainlining indoors in soil, first time!

chefjeff

Good day to my brethren/sistren growers. To get to the stage I am in regarding the manifold I've created, I followed the Nebula Haze method. I am introducing you all to "Sheila" :), and here is this morning's pic. In the last couple of days, she has basically told me that all stress is behind her, and now I am seeing big changes every day.
I've done something pretty extravagant, and maybe not so typical....I removed all of the hydroponic components of my box, as I have had an itch to grow in soil. Hard to define why, but I am finding such a meditation growing a single plant in soil. My buddy Steve has helped with my own stresses, as I've never been able to wrap around Nebula's instructions of using plant "Yo-Yo's" to keep my hopeful big fat 8 solid colas from falling over. My friend suggested that I strategically place stakes around the perimeter of my soil, and in time use them as a way to secure my colas.
I am not totally sure why I am posting right now...maybe I want to crow a bit, from forming my manifold. But all kidding aside, my reasoning is that I would like to get some input as to when I begin any form of defoliation. In my mind I am praying/hoping for truly super long and of course dense colas that reach towards the sky, so any defoliation tips are welcomed. Oh, and if I could bring up another question, it does have to do with lighting. My growbox is one from the Growbox USA company, and the light I have is a 360 watt "duo drive". They say to use the main light only when in veg. In the main light, there is actually an additional switch that I engage when I go to flower. I guess the light will get even brighter then....also at that time I plug in 2 strips of lights that are on the back panel. I've yet to get it into my head why I don't just flip all of the lights on from the start. If anyone wants to help out a newbie on this, I'm listening.
Here is the link to the kind of light I am using. Thanks to all, who've read this, and more thanks for some hopeful input.
Cheers all,
Jeff

Attachments

• 11:9.jpg
    11:9.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 87
Hi Jeff, your plant looks good, what size pot u growing in? Looks like one of those Velcro smart pots.
I’m sorry but business before Pleasure I always look at the pic
Before the bio. Welcome to the show:welcome: Jeff lots of peeps
Willing to help u out if needed just ask and u will get more help
or opinions, if u can filter out the bs, seperate the wheat
From the shaft so to speak. You’ll do fine.
What type of girl ? U growen? auto, or photo? Sativa or Indica ? Looks Indica to this old head.
And how close to the light does the manufacturer recommend
From the canopy top? Of your plant. The switch imo gives mor red to flower.

Thanks Bud for reaching out. Appreciated. My pot is a 7 gallon cloth pot. My girl is "Blueberry Cookies"....I think more Indica than Sativa....but a little bit of Sativa in her. Mostly Indica. When I grew hydro in this box, I think the manufacturer recommended 17 inches from the Canopy. Thanks again for responding.

Hay Jeff, check in every once in a while I would like to see how big she gets.
Q. What type of fertilizer will u be using? If any. And what type of training if any.
I would think growing in a box u would have to top the girl again to control the height.
Tie her down and let her grow out not up,IMO

Hey Bud,
For my soil, I used "420 blend". So far I've done no additions with fertilizers, but I guess that changes in flowering.

Back
Top Bottom