Making brownies question please help 3rd attempt

thesmiler

If your making oil and the oil gets too hot will it kill the THC or just burn the oil. I've made two batches so far and nether worked. the first was 1 stick of salted butter and almost half oz. cooked it for about two hours. The second was 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and half oz. cooked it for about 20 min. I strained both before i cooked with them. I was afraid to burn the mixes so may not have got them hot enough. I also used my grinder before mixing both times. The first batch had a strong flavor but no effects. The second had mild flavor and no effects. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

You can't heat the oil or butter that hot.

If you are making butter, try this:

Throw a stick of butter, or two if doing a large amount of pot, into a large pot and add a good amount of water. Add your ganja. Boil the weed/water for 45 minutes, and then pour the water through a strainer. Take the remaining green liquid and place it in the freezer overnight. The next morning, you will have a chunk of green butter sitting on top of a block of ice. Just chip away the butter and use it like you would normally use butter in baking.

For oil, you have to heat the weed/oil over a double boiler so you don't heat it up too much.

That's what I did, except I didn't strain it or remove the water time. 2/3 butter + 1/2 oz + 1/4 cup water. I cooked that for about an hour adding water every so often to keep it from burning. I just put everything in the brownie mix. Ate at least a 4" x 2" piece. still nothing.

I made mine on Friday....Made some brownies

So far the stregth worked out well for this well seasoned/high tolerance toker....2x2 square had me baked for around 5 hours and the 3x3 I ate this morning had me couch-locked all morning...just now coming down 6 hours later....and I was TOASTED! YMMV.... :peace:

That's what I did, except I didn't strain it or remove the water time. 2/3 butter + 1/2 oz + 1/4 cup water. I cooked that for about an hour adding water every so often to keep it from burning. I just put everything in the brownie mix. Ate at least a 4" x 2" piece. still nothing.

You need more water. Fill the pot with water, then add the stick of butter and your weed. Cook for 45 mins to an hour. The water acts as a buffer between the heat and the butter. You want a lot of it.

med to low grade bud. It takes about a joint to get you high. I just can't believe I'm screwing this up. I was even looking at your post when making my stuff. Have you ever heard of people can't get high from eatables? Maybe my body is not breaking down the thc?

Keep brownies simple. There's no reason to cook for hours.
You can use butter but using canola oil is easier and faster.
I take my trimmed shake
Put in a pan and cook on the lowest heat you can in the oven for about 45 minutes till it real dry.
You can reach in and crush most of it up into smaller pieces.
Use a coffer grinder and powder the shake or bud.
Take the amount of canola oil you need for your brownie recipe into a small sauce pan
Set the temp to a very low simmer
Add the powdered MJ
Let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
Allow to cool down a little
Add the water required for the recipe to the pan of canola/MJ oil
Then add to your brownie mix.
Set the oven temp a little lower than they say on the box
I set mine at about 275.
Bake as normal. Allow to cool down
Then slice with a plastic knife for nice clean looking brownies.

For me, about a 1 inch square will start relaxing me in about an hour to an hous and a half. 2 brownies will get me in couch lock mode.

So I let my friend try my brownies and I told him I was not sure what they would do. He had an anxiety attack. Had to take a shower to calm down and he threw up. Talked to him on the phone once then he never picked up again. LOL. He only smokes from time to time so I'm going to test them on some other friends to make sure my first friend didn't just freak himself out and wasn't really high. He sounded scared. I don't know why that makes me laugh. But it does. I ate like three times that much and never felt a thing. Well see what happens to my other friends.

Probably gave him too big a of a piece. I had a friend who tried them for the 1st time. Ate 1 didn't do nothing, ate a second one didn't do nothing so she ate a couple more. All within about 30 minutes. About an hour and a half later she was ready to call an ambulance.lol Had to calm her down and tell her next time listen to me. Eat a small brownie wait about an hour and a half and then if you want try another one.

I have recently made a few batches of brownies... good reports all round, got me real high. Gave them to my in-laws who never smoke... they got nothing. So I made another batch and gave them each a piece of a size that would've had me crawling to the refrigerator and they didn't get any buzz whatsoever off it... I had some of the same batch and got super wasted... so I guess it can effect others differently.

Absolutely. I have known people that are the same way. For whatever reason some people seem to have a certain tolerance for MJ.

My suggestion would be to use a small crock pot. Get two sticks of butter (look for the one with the highest fat content, I use wal-mart's brand, or a local dairy's butter) add a half oz. of finely ground weed. Set the crock pot on low over night. It should turn the butter a green color. Strain out the weed and cook. Keep your oven a little lower than your normally would. Should work keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom