Making Butter and Tincture

Liam Hughes

If you don't own one, buy one. Of course I'm referring to a Magic Butter Machine (MBM2). No hassle, easy cleanup with results in hours (2 for butter and 8 for tincture).
After my decarboxilation using a sous vide oven, I'm ready to make my butter. For butter, I only use the shake and lower small flowers. The butter is plenty strong enough for baking. I use as much shake as I could fit in a bag, which is at least 120 grams or around 4 ounces. I then add 3 cups of pure virgin coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of vegetable lecithin as a binding agent and it will be suitable for vegan diets.
Those ingredients are added to the MBM for 2 hours at 160 degrees. I strain the outcome into a glass container, then strain again into 1/2 cup portions. Substitute the canabutter in place of real butter when baking. I do find that the baking tends to be denser and not fluffy. If the recipe calls for one cup of butter, use half and half. There are 1000 recipes on the net, so have fun.
For creating tincture, I use 90 grams or about 3 ounces of cannabis and 3 cups of Global 94 Alcool (this is the Canadian substitute for Everclear). I put these 2 ingredients in the MBM for 8 hours at 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
I strain the result into a glass container and let it settle for awhile. I then pour one cup of tincture into a glass a set aside for making gummy bears. The balance I pour into 1/2 oz. and 1 oz. amber bottles with droppers. These are the tinctures that can be dropped into any drink or placed sublingually. A friend who uses the drops to lessen the amount of beer he drinks, says 5 drops feels like the effects of a light beer. Being chronic, I use an entire squirt per drink...sometimes 2 if I really want to sleep deeply. A full squirt is about 30 drops from a 1/2 oz. bottle. Don't try this at home. I usually end up with a cup and half or thereabouts of tincture that is transferred to the small bottles. I even have green versions of the amber bottles that I use for 'the dregs' or the bottom of the barrel where there is still some sediment, like in a bottle of wine. I don't like giving that to people, but will consume it myself. The only difference is, it makes your dring cloudier.
In the next thread I'll be making a batch of gummy bears.
15824053947039179010543186408053.jpg

Back
Top Bottom