Malawi Musings Of An Old Man

Zimbo 63

I grew up in Zimbabwe, as it is now called and we were very lucky to have really good smoke much of the year round.

We smoked a lot of Malawi, we loved it, there is nothing that compares to that earthy cob smell and of course the effect - to date [40 years down the line] I've not yet had anything to compare.

One day, a friend of ours had guests from South Africa. We met them at a nightclub and he asked us to hook them up with a smoke. They had all the right answers to the question, can you handle this smoke? - It was our intention to smoke a Malawi through a "bottleneck" [a kind of crude chilum] and we were concerned that they may not be able to handle it.

They answered, almost in chorus, Durban poison, Swazi reds, Maritzburg slugs - a list of all the well known "good" S.A. "brands."

Anyway, to cut a long story short, one of the visitors was so "man down" that people were asking if we had made them a "white pipe" [a mixture of cannabis, tobacco and quaaludes] we hadn't, it was a clean Malawi.

The strength of a good Malawi - wow, cannot be described...

I hold a few seeds said to be from Afropips personal collection of Malawi Gold, perhaps after this round I’ll germinate a few of them. Would love to make a cob someday too. Cheers from the USA, have a great day and enjoy a good zol as my SA friends say.

I hold a few seeds said to be from Afropips personal collection of Malawi Gold, perhaps after this round I’ll germinate a few of them. Would love to make a cob someday too. Cheers from the USA, have a great day and enjoy a good zol as my SA friends say.
It's easy to see if it's a real Malawi seed, they resemble small, speckled birds' eggs, much bigger than the average seed - maybe twice the size...

Huh well my kwazulu seeds are like that the MGs not so much…
Interesting, I might think maybe it's a standard for sativas, although having said that, where I grew up, our local bud never had seeds like a Malawi and I'm pretty sure that our local bud was ONLY sativa..

I've personally not encountered seeds like those of a Malawi In Zimbabwe, Swaziland or South Africa.

I think it may be interesting to see all the different types of seed, I wouldn't be surprised if the study of them is a "thing."

My next grow, I intend to do 4 autos, I think 2 x lemon auto CBD and 2 x O.G. autos and a Malawi, which I'll have to mainline due to height restrictions.

My intention is to do the mainlining while the autos grow out and do the flip once they are done.

Most definitely will be cobbing the grow and I'm going to try and do a journal.

In the winter I'll probably do another 4 autos and a Grandmommy purple to take advatage of the lower temperatures...

Back
Top Bottom