Male or female or is it too soon to tell

Alltexan

Just wondering if y'all can tell me if it's male or female...I think it's too soon but I need another opinion
420-magazine-mobile1298112392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1406804896.jpg

In my limited experience, I'd say it's to early to tell yet. I too got excited when I saw the two stipules(I think?), but it's what comes after that that determines sex.

Google image search "male vs female cannabis preflowers", yours might appear different but for me it's the third picture. It's an illustration with both a male pollen sack and a female calyx to show the difference. The pollen sack is a small ball, the calyx is similar but longer and pointy, little hairs (pistils) will grow out the end.

As far as when they'll appear can vary a lot, I think I read somewhere and from memory it's what happened for me also is when the nodes grow offset the preflowers will begin to show. I may however be thinking of something else.

Anyways, take a look at the picture on Google, and keep watching your girls(hopefully!) and good luck. I hope I've been of some help.

You might not see any signs of pistols(white hairs) until 14 days or so. A big part of it has to do with how long the plant was in the vegetative stage. If you flip early (which isn't a bad thing if you have height restrictions, but you will get a smaller yield), the plant still has to mature before you will see signs of pistols. The first signs will most likely appear at the top of the plant where it receives the most light. The good news is that I see no signs of the plant being male. By the way, that's a healthy looking stalk. Best of luck.

You might not see any signs of pistols(white hairs) until 14 days or so. A big part of it has to do with how long the plant was in the vegetative stage. If you flip early (which isn't a bad thing if you have height restrictions, but you will get a smaller yield), the plant still has to mature before you will see signs of pistols. The first signs will most likely appear at the top of the plant where it receives the most light. The good news is that I see no signs of the plant being male. By the way, that's a healthy looking stalk. Best of luck.

Am I correct in saying that keeping a mature mother plant will produce mature clones, thereby removing the need for plants to mature and preflower before moving on to full flowering?

Well you have to take a closer look in the stock and the nods to be able to tell. The thing you have to look for if it has small pollen sacks or little balls with 2 white pistils coming out. By the looks of it you didn't top it as a seedling the only reason I say is because you having a minimal amount of space and me looking at those leaves looks to be more of a sativa dominant and it will stretch out pretty good remember sativas grow bigger than indicas but with that in mind still looks too small to tell.

P.s...
One last thing it would not hurt to do a little trimming on that plant take off the water leaves the only thing thos leaves are doing is cutting out light to the more important leaves coming out. Trimming will increase you're yield.

This was a gimmi seed. I didn't know what strain it was when planted. I have given her nothing but water and planted her in organic soil with earthworm castings. No I did not top her...I'm trying to do everything natural....if that makes any sense. She did show her pistils today so I know it's a she...thanks for the input
420-magazine-mobile1699043172.jpg

Topping it won't make it unatuaral it will just make the plant shorter and bushy which will give you a bigger yield I'll take a picture of my "Gorilla Glue" tomorrow that I did top as a seedling short and bushy has a lot of colas, looking to get a nice yeled out of her.

Yes they cut out too much light and you get less aeration I can't take a picture of mine now course it's dark and I don't grow inside I grow outside so you can see the difference.

Just like that look I'll take a picture of my "Grandaddy Purple" it's small but growing great and take in Mind my plant is only less than a month old. We'll never mind I have no clue how to add a picture.

Back
Top Bottom