Male Pre-Flower?

KoesyrStorm

Hi, i'm new here, my name is Koesyr and i'm from Italy. I'm growing 4 plants on my balcony. I'ts been a month since they were born and i think that the vegetative stage is near. I've looked at my biggest plant and i've seen these (Picture 2). What do you think about? Male pre Flower?
Thank you alot for your time.
(sorry for the turned-side pictures, next time won't happen)

photo_1474.JPG

photo_2416.JPG

I'm really sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, that's the best i could do with my iPhone4.
Peace
Koesyr
photo_3_1_24.JPG
photo_2_2_30.JPG
photo_1_1_35.JPG

You know what, now in the new pics it looks like it was just some new growth that was appearing.

Right now I'm not seeing anything yet that says male or female.

What strain are they? And do you know if they are autoflowers or regular?

Here's a link on determining sex: Click me!

And this link contains a ton of cool and helpful info, all in one place. I found a lot of great information in here, and I still refer to it when I have a question: Click me too!

Thank you for the links, i will read them :) Strain... i really don't know, i'm sorry. I found them inside a bud i bought from a dude... you know..... stuff..
Also i have a problem with Powdery Mildew (i think it is). Any suggestions?

Well that was a mid-quality Cannabis as i remember!
About the Powdery Mildew problem... here are some pics. I've fought it before i went to Egypt for a week and now i'm fighting it again with solutions of milk and water or baking soda, water, vegetal oil and soap.
photo_3_2_17.JPG
photo_2_3_8.JPG
photo_1_2_33.JPG

Mid quality? With a good dry and a good cure, you might end up liking it better the second time around. How we grow the plants, water them, feed nutrients, how we dry them, and how we cure the buds, all make a big difference in the quality.

As for the mildew, It's difficult to tell if it's mildew/mold from the pictures. What is the humidity where the plants are growing? And do you have constant airflow?

I would be careful with baking soda, I killed 2 seedlings using it.

Here's a thread I found for someone else here who was having white spots appear on his leaves: Clicky!

Yeah, it is really satisfacting to grow something and to cure, feed, look it.

About the Powdery, i guess it's mildew, because on the leaves it's more a stain made of "dots" and not a an uniform stain (i've looked on internet for some pics).
The airflow is not costant, but it is frequent. They are outdoor tho, on a balcony where starts a pretty strong airflow that goes to the opposite sides of the apartment.

Do you think that half of a teaspoon could wreck my plants? Any substitute for it? I really don't want to compromize the safety of my plants.

EDIT:

I've put another picture of another plant i'm growing, same strain.

photo606.JPG

A teaspoon shouldn't kill it, but it can cause some damage. From what KingJohnC told me in my grow journal, the Baking Soda has too high of a sodium level to be used safely with plants.

As for the picture, and I could be wrong, but that actually looks a little more like you have lichens growing on your leaves, and not mold/mildew. If you use tweezers or another small object, and GENTLY scrape the leafs surface, are you able to cause parts to flake off?

I just don't see the same yellowing that I've seen in pictures affected by powdery mold/mildew.

Thanks for the advice, i won't use it no more!

I tried to scrape the surface and i almost perforated the leaf! Indeed the red circle in the first pircture is one of the "holes" i almost made.
The pictures under are some photographs of the under-side of the leaf, so you can see that it's like "weak spots", i cannot explain it, sorry.

Also i have Spider Mites on my balcony, but didn't see any of them walking on my plants or even spiders webs on them.

p.s.: When i took the pictures i saw on the downside of one leaf an tight&tiny-insect-dude-WithWings who was walking with "nonchalance"

photo_1_3_12.JPG
photo_2_5_3.JPG

Did anything flake off? I'm still trying to guess whether this is mold or lichens. And being able to tell from pictures while I'm still learning myself, is difficult. If I was there right now it'd be eaasier.

As for the spider mites, I'd remove the plant immediately. Find a new window or alternate light source until you can take care of the problem. If they didn't find it yet, they will, and they'll spin webs and lay eggs and leave excrement all over your buds, that's not healthy at all.

I tried to scrape it, nothing flaked off. It seems that there's nothing ON it, because i almost pierced the leaf when i used something to scrape, it' s like that it is IN it.

Spider Mites.... this morning i checked if there were some around but it seems they disappeared.... every year they walk around near April-May and during the summer they disappear....

I had spider mites walking around my balcony and they were clearly around, but this is not the first year they disappear in this period, this I is why I didn't care about them a lot .

It doesn't like something swallowed the nutrition stuff from these spots, because they are not "holes" or something like that, it seems that in those spots there is "less plant", more thin strate of leaf. I'm sorry I cannot explain like I would but I cannot event explain stuff in Italian haha in English is even harder

Back
Top Bottom