I'm so sad - These are turning male huh?

What sex are these plants? (u can choose 3 choices)

• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hermies

• Let them grow Longer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarionOzb

So, it's finally here, the flowering stage...

I've been vegging these plants for 3 months now. Flipped them into flower 12 days ago and starting to see signs of pre-flower.
I'm still a new grower though, so I need input from you guys to let me know whether these plants are male or female or what...

I personally think 3, maybe 4/6 of the plants are males just based on the photos :(

Please let me know in the comments which plants you believe are male or female. I have numbered the photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Three months!! aaaargh.. that's a bummer.
If you're just starting out and want bud get some femi beans.
To go regular to be anywhere near efficient you need to quickly sex them and then keep a mother plant and flower clones.
Or grow a lot to at least get some.. but that's also so unpredictable as what if many turn out female and then you don't have the space then you gotta neck those as well. sad affair.

Were they all clones from the same plant or something? That's some crazy odds if you grew these all from seeds.
they were just some random seeds i collected over a year from buying bud from dispensaries. There were about 12 seeds, 8 sprouted, i ruined 2, then these are the 6 that were left over. damn shame... but its okay i will just buy fem seeds next grow, if i grow again. so expensive 😮‍💨

if i grow again. so expensive 😮‍💨
Doesn't have to be. But you'll trade either time and effort of your own, or your money for someone else's. You can do a seasonal grow outdoors and use the sun for your light instead of electricity, you can make your own fertilizers either organic or not, and can even make your own soil.

Or you can buy everything off the shelf as most growers do and in that case, yes the costs do add up.

Three months!! aaaargh.. that's a bummer.
If you're just starting out and want bud get some femi beans.
To go regular to be anywhere near efficient you need to quickly sex them and then keep a mother plant and flower clones.
Or grow a lot to at least get some.. but that's also so unpredictable as what if many turn out female and then you don't have the space then you gotta neck those as well. sad affair.
Yeah tbh i didnt even think they would sprout, they were seeds i just happened to collect over a year and figured id plant them. guess ill just buy fem seeds from now on if i want to grow 👍🏾

What size is the tent?
Would you be opposed to buying a newer light?
Fem seeds from seedsman and you will pull enough out to recover your costs the first harvest.
the tent is about 6 ft tall 6 ft long and like, 4 feet wide. the light is a 1000w led famurs, but ofc its prolly wasnt even putting out 1000w's bcuz apparently theres all theses diff voltage levels stuff that changes the output value, so who knows how much W you rly need to get an output of 1000. thinking about switching from leds if i grow again. Idk if i want to purchase from a seedbank online, i think there is a grow store with fem seeds about 45 mins away from my town. might just go there.

Guys.. any costs pale against.... buying weed.
You can buy loads of seeds and lots of nice grow gear with all that money yer saving.. for anyone with a bit of a habit even electricity costs are like yeah well okay... I'll take that over.. buying weed.
Yeah i guess its rly only expensive if you lose your whole crop like i just did 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Doesn't have to be. But you'll trade either time and effort of your own, or your money for someone else's. You can do a seasonal grow outdoors and use the sun for your light instead of electricity, you can make your own fertilizers either organic or not, and can even make your own soil.

Or you can buy everything off the shelf as most growers do and in that case, yes the costs do add up.
Yeah i hear ya, i tried to save on electricity by sitting them outside most of the time, but then they started to stretch rly bad so i had to stop doing it.

Good point. I can understand that some people do not have any desire to grow a 'mother' and then take cuttings and nurse them till they have a root system. But, to wait 3 month to find out that more than 50% cannot be used is a long time.

A suggestion on that as soon as the plant shows it is mature then take a cutting, maybe two, from just about anywhere on the plant. Put them in a glass of water and stick that into a controlled light room or tent and start to flower them. Don't even worry about the cuttings growing roots, just try to get them to grow female or male flowers. If they show male then track back to the 'mother' and pull it. If female then mark the 'mother' as female and continue to grow that plant to the size wanted.

Trying to do something like that will reduce the amount of time from 3 months to only a month and 1/2 to maybe 2 months and the road is clear to start the light cycle change.

Even when I am told that the seeds are feminized I still take one or more cuttings so I will know for sure that the plant is female. Even a batch of feminized seeds from a reliable seed seller can have a male or two mixed in. The science is not exact.

Yeah i hear ya, i tried to save on electricity by sitting them outside most of the time, but then they started to stretch rly bad so i had to stop doing it.
Outside can be the best quality light available as compared to what we can buy for an inside tent. And with all the quality light the plants were growing the way nature intended.;).

A suggestion on that as soon as the plant shows it is mature then take a cutting, maybe two, from just about anywhere on the plant. Put them in a glass of water and stick that into a controlled light room or tent and start to flower them. Don't even worry about the cuttings growing roots, just try to get them to grow female or male flowers. If they show male then track back to the 'mother' and pull it. If female then mark the 'mother' as female and continue to grow that plant to the size wanted.
Good suggestion @SmokingWings . :thumb:

Another is to put the seedling under 12/12 lighting for the first ten days above ground and then revert back to 18/6. The plants will usually show sex within 25-30 days from sprout that way.

So, it's finally here, the flowering stage...

I've been vegging these plants for 3 months now. Flipped them into flower 12 days ago and starting to see signs of pre-flower.
I'm still a new grower though, so I need input from you guys to let me know whether these plants are male or female or what...

I personally think 3, maybe 4/6 of the plants are males just based on the photos :(

Please let me know in the comments which plants you believe are male or female. I have numbered the photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
Looks like all dude’s but I’m told that the Dude abides if it’s any consolation. Lmao 😂 CL🍀 But seriously though it’s a tough break, usually you get a female in the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom