Male Removal Timing

Clintboxer

High everybody!
I have a question. I am growing in my bc bloom box and started week 3 of flowering today. I started from some random seeds I was lucky to find in some excellent quality bud over the last year or so. Everything is looking great but since I am growing different strains, some are showing their sex before others. I have six definite females and the rest do not have balls yet, but still haven't proven to me yet. I have a strong feeling one maybe a male. Anyways, all of that for this question: How long do I have before a male will screw up my little girls? I would hate to jerk a beautiful female just because she was a little shy. I did some research before asking, but still looking for a little assurance. This is my first grow in this bloom box. I bought it off of craigslist for $450 will all the nutrients and 18 site cloner and loads of extras! I got a hell of a deal! Again, I am really excited. I am following the directions to a tee and everything looks wonderful so far! Thanks in advance for your help!:tokin:

Hey Clint...wow 3 weeks into flower and still a no show....I'd just keep looking for a few more days before I make a decision....but I wouldn't chance it for too much longer... everything sounds great. ...do you have any pics of the girls and your setup?.....would love to see it my man....did you get a microscope or loupe?... just keep checking... :hippy:

Hey Clint - this is quite common - especially if you have a room with more than one strain... it's indeed odd not to see any sign of sex yet, but once you do see male 'ball-sacs', you actually do have at least a week to make sure it's indeed male before you have to worry about any pollen ruining your grow - just keep checking, and remember that it will most likely show sex first either at the very top or the very bottom nodes - which-ever matures first. You can also watch for the alternating nodes at the top as a sign of maturity, which means balls/hairs are not far off... good luck!

yeah, the only reason why males seem like such an epidemic, is because of large grow rooms. You might not catch a male, you will definitely notice if you are in a grow space. you have plenty of time to even decide if you'd like a few seeds or not.

I've never grown a male but am hoping to this next grow to get a strain called chyrstal (White Widow x Northern Lights)

Thanks for all your help guys. It is really nice to have friends with such a vast knowledge respond so quickly. I will do my best to get some pics up soon. 8 are showing the little female hairs and the one that is not showing me a definite yet is actually one of my bigger ones, go figure! I know they weren't feminized seeds, but since they came from smoke bags ang good bud, did they have a better chance or did I just get really lucky? I have the regulator but still need to pick up the co2. Are people noticing a major difference when using co2 in the bc bloom boxes or will it just boost me up to the lights since there is kind of hight restrictions in these things? Thanks again for all your help and I will get some pictures soon. :tokin:

Thanks for all your help guys. It is really nice to have friends with such a vast knowledge respond so quickly. I will do my best to get some pics up soon. 8 are showing the little female hairs and the one that is not showing me a definite yet is actually one of my bigger ones, go figure! I know they weren't feminized seeds, but since they came from smoke bags ang good bud, did they have a better chance or did I just get really lucky? I have the regulator but still need to pick up the co2. Are people noticing a major difference when using co2 in the bc bloom boxes or will it just boost me up to the lights since there is kind of hight restrictions in these things? Thanks again for all your help and I will get some pictures soon. :tokin:

Hey bro, I use CO2 in mine, I think it does help, but hight will always more then likely be a issue, I have better luck with clones, with no veg times, I'm growing vortex by TGA, and at 3 weeks had to bend and tie, and they still are getting to close to lights, these boxes work best with indica strains ,but I like strains that give a uplifting high ,which makes it harder in these boxes to control, I saw the pic on Luvpiff 's thread , and they look indica to me. best of luck to you, If you ever need any help I will be glad to give it my all.:thumb:

Thanks ozric!! This is definately a learning grow!!! I am very pleased with everything so far, and the bloombox. All 9 in the flower did show as females!!! I know I will need to keep an eye out for hermies tho. I'll keep posted with progress. All of the journals on this site are a tremendous help. maybe when I this perfected a little bit I'll put one together as well

Back
Top Bottom