Marijuana better in 70's?

bnbad

I smoked some KB yesterday and started thinking (lol). Was marijuana better in the 70's or is it much better and more potent today?

I think so. At least it seems that way to me, although they say today's weed is much more potent.

It really depends on where you lived, the only strains that were available in North America were sativa's, so unless you lived in a climate which accomodated to sativa's long long growing season and had a connection that knew the difference between schwag and sensimeilla (not common in many North American places) the herb was most likely crap.

Since indoor cultivation was only feasible using fluros then, and the indica strains wouldn't be introduced from asia/middle east until the mid eighties.

Also in the last 30 years the knowledge and understanding of the Cannabis plant has grown substantially, allowing for people to hybridize using a large variety of strains from all over the world to find a strain which was best suited to their needs or more likely produced the most amount of resin.

So to answer your question, Cannabis is much better today but just because more potent varieties are available in places where they were used to smoking hermies or premature bud.

Due to crossbeeding for potency over the last 30-something years marijuana, THC content wise, is nearly 400% stronger than it was in the 60's and 70's. High quality sinsemillia bud in the early 70's was about 3.5% THC now we range more in the 10%-12%

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
Due to crossbeeding for potency over the last 30-something years marijuana, THC content wise, is nearly 400% stronger than it was in the 60's and 70's. High quality sinsemillia bud in the early 70's was about 3.5% THC now we range more in the 10%-12%

Hydros, range from 15% - 27% THC.
nothing in the 70's could touch that. Technology improves all things in time.

I don't think you can compare the two eras.. or it would be tough.

I smoked some awesome bud in the 60-70's and have smoked what I consider some of the best in the world for the last 12 months..

Yeah.. hard to recalll the 60's-70's.. guess it was good. :hmmmm:

I first smoked weed when I was fifteen, back in sixty four. Most of the weed we got at that time came out of Mexico and was brick weed and smelled like dirt so we called it dirt weed. If you were lucky and knew someone good Mexican strains were available and towards the end of the sixties when a lot of boys were coming back from Nam good Asian strains started to be available. In the early seventies Nixon started a program with Mexico called Operation Cooperation and spayed a lot of Mexican crops with paraquat. All of a sudden there was no Mexican weed and a lot of Columbian, although most of what was called Columbian was actually Mexican, but priced jumped from ten dollars an ounce to fifty dollars an ounce. I went to college in Mexico in seventy four and found out that the weed they sold to the gringos was shit weed and they kept the good stuff for themselves. The best weed I ever smoked was some purple buds we bought in Guadalajara, twenty five dollars for a half a kilo. It's not that the weed today is better it's just that there's more quality weed around then there was in the sixties and seventies.

Theres this old hippy stoner up here and he said back then most of the weed came from columbia like said above ....

Back
Top Bottom