Marijuana Cures Cancer? London Researchers Say Cannabis Is Key

Shandar

Researchers with the University of London at St. George's said they've discovered cannabis extracts containing the key chemical in marijuana – tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC – actually help with brain cancer when combined with another chemical and radio therapy.

The other necessary chemical is cannabidiol, United Press International reported.
Scientists tested mice with brain tumors using the combined extracts and irradiation, and treated them without any extracts and irradiation, and found the first group experienced more success.

"Those treated with both irradiation and the cannabinoids saw the most beneficial results and a drastic reduction in size," said Wai Liu, senior research fellow and lead researcher on the project, UPI reported. "In some cases, the tumors effectively disappeared in the animals. This augurs well for further research in humans in the future. At the moment, this is a mostly fatal disease."

CBD and THC are found in the cannabis plant, and both have been used to treat epilepsy, anxiety, depression, headaches and nausea.

cannabisvscancer_01.jpg

News Moderator: Shandar @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News
Author: Cheryl K. Chumley
Website: Marijuana cures cancer? London researchers say cannabis is key - Washington Times

With the advent of Charlotte's Web and other CBD heavy strains, you hear a lot of people trash talking THC. I've seen it happen multiple times in multiple forums, from people that should know better.

The fact of the matter is that we don't know the full extent of where THC interventions could be successful. There's a lot of work to be done.

This is AWESOME news. Can you imagine if our fair plant cured CANCER?

if our beloved plants could 100% cure cancer?? and they knew this is a actual fact??

then it will never be free in the hands of the people. Sadly there is no money in cures,only treatments and prevention.

if our beloved plants could 100% cure cancer?? and they knew this is a actual fact??

then it will never be free in the hands of the people. Sadly there is no money in cures,only treatments and prevention.
I tend to agree with you, but I think the powers that be are getting close to the point of no return. There's countries other than the USA on the legalization path now.

My guess is that they will squash the information for as long as possible, 5 years, 10 years, but it will eventually become accepted practice, and then everyone will forget it was ever illegal.

Strange world we live in.

And where's the study using only the cannabinoids without irradiation? Wouldn't it be logical to include that 3rd group in this study?

There is no profit in that study.
Cannabis as a commodity is not important to drug companies,
Only cannabis as a raw material for patented ingredients.

Or, as in this study, an element of a billable treatment - preferably proprietary.

Back
Top Bottom