Mars II 900W & HSO Desert Diesel

Mythicaltruth

Hello everyone!! After lurking on the forums for a couple of years I have finally decided to actually run a diary of one of my grows. I just recently purchased the MarsII900w(450w) LED and decided to run it with Humboldt Seeds Desert Diesel. I can never find any information on this strain so hopefully this grow will be informative. BTW this is my first time growing Desert Diesel.

The Setup:
AgroMax 3x3 grow tent w/scrog net
Mars II 900 LED
1 5gal DWC bucket
1 2line airpump

Nutrients:
General Hydroponics Maxi Grow/Bloom
GH CalMag
Dyna-Grow Mag-Pro

Currently running a 4in exhaust as well as a 4in intake while pulls in air from outside. Normally i dont run an intake but it allows for me to close the vent flap on the inside of the tent to make the tent more light proof.

The strain:
Humboldt Seed Organization friends from Emerald Mountain seeds gave them some new Diesel testers a few years back. They crossed the best of them with HSO Amherst 81st and then they stabilized it. HSO remix of the famous Diesel fuses more yield and fuel smell into the already killer genetic profile. Finishes around early October with super frosty large buds.

Type Feminized
Genetic/Composition Sativa Dominant
Flowering Days 60-65 days
THC High
Production High
Outdoor Height up to 3.5m

re: Mars II 900W & HSO Desert Diesel

DesertDiesel.jpeg
DesertDiesel_3_.jpeg
DesertDiesel_1_.jpeg
DesertDiesel.jpeg

re: Mars II 900W & HSO Desert Diesel

So last night I checked my rez and noticed that the ppms were skyrocketing. Decided to go with a complete rez and nute change. From here on out i will be using Soul Synthetics Grow, Bloom, Big Swell and infinity. I set the ppms to 600 and ph'd to 6.0. The plant seems to really love the LED! So far the heat from this light has been very minimal and easy to deal with. Here are some shots taken just before lights off Day 3.
photo667.JPG

Underneath the canopy
photo_1_134.JPG

photo_2_104.JPG
photo_3_82.JPG
photo_4_62.JPG
photo_5_51.JPG
photo_6_41.JPG

Took a few more pics today before lights off for Day 6. The temps were sitting at 72deg and the bucket water at 68. I have been noticing that both my ph and ppms have been rising. PH will rise from 6.0 up to 7.0 and the ppms have been jumping up roughly 150-200ppms. Im starting to think that it might have something to do with GH Powder PH down. I usually sit my ppms anywhere from 550-650. After adding the ph down im noticing that number jump up into the 800s. I have never noticed this before and the only reason I have this time is because of the pH fluctuations which are a rarity. With that being said I think i will empty some of the water from the bucket and replace with fresh RO water.

Day611.JPG

Day6_2_.JPG
day6_3_.JPG

Looking great myth!:goodjob:

68f water temp is about as high as you can safely run. I noticed you were using a ice bottle. How high do you let the temp get before you switch it out? Also insulating the bucket would help alot, not only with the temp but with the light penetration too.

rdooski, i normally dont check my water temps. Ive ran DWC in the summer without using anything more than a water bottle and my rez temps were routinely mid to low 70s. Though I do want to get a chiller to constantly regulate the rez temps.

Took a few more pics this morning before lights off ending week 1. I changed the rez and set the ppms to 550 and ph 5.5. I will be going to the shop later today to pic up some light hangers. The hangers that come with the LED dont make for easy mounting using tent poles. Since we are still in early flowering Im throwing in a pic of my 1600w 5x5 grow tent.
day7_1_.JPG

day7_2_.JPG

day7_3_.JPG

(2) G13 Labs Cindy99, (1) Rare Dankness The Ox, (1) Rare Dankness Ghost of Lee Roy, (1) Strain Hunters Afgooey, (1) HSO Purple Trainwreck
day7_4_.JPG

Sorry that it has been a couple of weeks since my last update. I had a bunch of pictures from the last two weeks on my iPad but sadly i broke it and the pics are lost. So far the grow has been going very smoothly. So far I am very impressed with the Mars II. The desert diesel is eating up any and everything I throw at it. So far I have been setting my ppms around 600 and topping off with CaMg water everyday to every other day.

DSC_009322.JPG

DSC_009422.JPG

DSC_009522.JPG
DSC_009619.JPG
DSC_009718.JPG
DSC_009925.JPG
DSC_009826.JPG

Have another brief update for today (Day 25). The plant is looking awesome and so far I have no complaints. This grow has pretty much been on cruise control so far. Setting ppms between 550-620 and then topping off with RO water throughout the week.

Up close bud shot
Day255.JPG

Lights just went out
day25_4_1.JPG

day25_3_1.JPG

Day25_2_1.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom