Massachusetts Outdoor Corner

PioneerValleyOG

Hello from Massachusetts. Last night we went into High Alert, as temps dropped into the low 30's and tonight is to be even colder in the 20's. High 20's at least. So water your plants earlier than later, I moved the ones I could under cover last night, but the ones I couldn't, well I couldn't. I have seen and heard of all kinds of tips and techniques. There's the use of fans, the covering with bedsheets, blanket insulation of the pots, definitely water early, oh, and there's always praying. Even though it was cold, there was no frost on the ground this morning. That means the ground is still retaining enough warmth. so I am not going to risk moving my plants anymore. Instead, the cold will definitely make the buds swell, and the color will start to come out.

Any other reports out there about this cold weather? Tips, tricks, predictions or past experience? I am inland, CT River Valley area.
DSCN1987.JPG
adDSCN1957.jpg
4.5 gal pot ma.jpeg

Man those are some nice looking colas! What strain(s) are you growing?

My friend started putting mosquito netting over his plants, says it help a lot keeping dew off. I made a tent of it yesterday and have my three Purple Kush under it. My plants are close to a fence, so I used the fence to help secure one side and draped it over shepherd hooks on the other side. None of it is touching the plants.

Man those are some nice looking colas! What strain(s) are you growing?

My friend started putting mosquito netting over his plants, says it help a lot keeping dew off. I made a tent of it yesterday and have my three Purple Kush under it. My plants are close to a fence, so I used the fence to help secure one side and draped it over shepherd hooks on the other side. None of it is touching the plants.
Good stuff. Think of frost like water, a tide that ebbs, if you have a fence and your on even a little high ground, you'll be ok. The first night.i put the.plants.i could on my porch,.but after some research I decided that I'm just gonna roll with it, not lugging plants back and forth. Probably do more damage than cold weather. I fed them on schedule, and watered them yesterday, I really want them to soak up the juice, but I've gotta make sure they have enough water in this cold weather... I'll probably add a half liter or a litre tonight before bed.. anyone having any hard times with the frost? It's the begining of bud rot. Maybe I'll hit em with the leaf blower. Just a little.
Enough to keep the dew on the inside dried out, lol.
How's everyone else's day going?

As far as strains, some I created, offspring of Big Bud, some Sour D, Sapphire Grapefruit, Raspberry Cough, (my creation)
Usually I grow some bigger trees, this year I had an issue with my seed stash, and did what I could do. I'm hoping like last year I end up with at least some seeds . Last year I did some breeding and ended up with a pint of good seeds, the year before a peanut butter jar, but, you give them away, or a mouse chews into your stash and cleans you out. Arrghh. Thinking of trying to clone out a couple mother plants to keep alive this winter of my best stuff.

Good stuff. Think of frost like water, a tide that ebbs, if you have a fence and your on even a little high ground, you'll be ok. The first night.i put the.plants.i could on my porch,.but after some research I decided that I'm just gonna roll with it, not lugging plants back and forth. Probably do more damage than cold weather. I fed them on schedule, and watered them yesterday, I really want them to soak up the juice, but I've gotta make sure they have enough water in this cold weather... I'll probably add a half liter or a litre tonight before bed.. anyone having any hard times with the frost? It's the begining of bud rot. Maybe I'll hit em with the leaf blower. Just a little.
Cold is ok these plants can still withstand the frost not continually but the plants are tough. Were getting lucky in our area because theres been no rain. Wed be screwed if it were both. I'll take the cold anyday

I've had a little bit of bud rot. This is my second grow, but my first outdoors so I'm pretty green around the gills. I have some Alaskan Purples that were freebies that aren't very big but they've got some nice buds and smell very citrus like. I was disappointed to find some rot today on those ladies, but it's ok I'm learning. My friend that's experience and coaching me said he's very happy if he gets 80% to harvest.

I'm about 2 weeks away from having my greenhouse installed. All of my plants are in pots and I'm hoping they hang in there a little longer until I can get them some shelter.

Couple grows, each one is a 12 plant grow, ones mine, one I just work on, set up the security. Some consultation work.
8973695581982352.jpeg
Screenshot_20200601-165411.png
DSCN1957.JPG
DSCN1958.JPG

Shaping up to be a decent year...

Couple grows, each one is a 12 plant grow, ones mine, one I just work on, set up the security. Some consultation work.
8973695581982352.jpeg
Screenshot_20200601-165411.png
DSCN1957.JPG
DSCN1958.JPG

Shaping up to be a decent year...
Looking good. Have you gotten any bud rot? I've had a little bit and some powdery mildew.

Spent $xxx bucks on Happy Frog, Coast of Maine, Foxfarm, and some cowflop, to make a custom mix for final transplants in plot #1. Got my 20 gal fabric pots from Amazon, <with handles> so my 3-5 gal girls will be happily rejuvenated and ready to nucking fo guts..
Jack's bushing out and going into flower while still only couple feet tall. Same with Creme de la Creme.
Lesson learned this season: Don't fuck with autos. They take up Legal space for those of us that observe this, and flower too early, too small, and can greatly affect one's final harvest quantities. I'm actually giving away 2 autos, just not my Jack.
Never the Jack.
Will be sending P1, whose name I just may change to Alpha, pics out tomorrow.
Spent today setting up security, installing solar powered motion detection flood lights, Ring protection, and trail cams, diagramming everything for The Boss, and P2, or Beta.
People like to have a kick ass set-up from which they can sit in a chair with some serious control over there environment.
I'm working on pitching these remote M80 implants, that you can watch go off on your cams. Kinda sick.
Gonna be busy from now thru the end.
Personally, I don't buy into the Emerald Harvest thing. But some growers insist on spending buku $ on chemicals that have to be measured and added to watering system EVERY DAY. .. (not my thing but you pay the bills, your crop..) Also paying like $35 per alleged 30 gal bins which for some reason don't always fill a 25 gal fabric pot. ..
I guess my point here is, to each their own. Ya, ok, I get $ + a % of harvest, being my ass out there when the chopper lands. [Has happened before, diff job] and I don't complain, condemn, nor attempt control of another's design.
Suttle suggestions, sure, but I've learned that for the most part, plots are like someone's phone, laptop and underwear. You set it up the way you want, personalize accordingly, and only want specific hands touching your stuff.
N'uff said. Night all.

Back
Top Bottom