Material Info For Grow Room Insulation Light Deprivation

Koolbudz

So I only needed to block two large windows and put up one wall to make a grow room, so I figured 1" foam board insulation with the shiny side in would work to block the windows then a simple false wall with 1" foam on inside and just 1/4 paneling on outside (this room is inside a temp controlled building with it's own environmental controls too). All was ok enough till I started the wall and noticed wird shading on my foam board thats in the window, but it didnt change as we move around the room.... I look closer and think what could be causing the weird shadowing.....And then damn it...it's the actual sun shining through the foam and the shadow is from a tree and the window cross bars, so what I found out is even a 2" foam panel by itself is not enough to block out direct sun light because we tried doubling it up and I could still see shadowing from outside....

So the point is.....Foam insulation boards from Home Depot @ 1" thick or 2" thick will not block the sun....

My plan is to pick up some Panda Film and hang that and that should block the rest of the light and the foam board will help with insulation like it's supposed too....

Don't know if you have looked into poly film. I find it works a lot better then panda film. It is what grow tents are made of HTGSupply 25 Foot by 4 Foot Roll Heavy-Duty Reflective Diamond Foil

1664582860625.png

Don't know if you have looked into poly film. I find it works a lot better then panda film. It is what grow tents are made of HTGSupply 25 Foot by 4 Foot Roll Heavy-Duty Reflective Diamond Foil
1664582826527.png
Just did, seems about the same price but none available local and need it now need to get movin on this project cuzz I got more projects and running out of time....

Back
Top Bottom