Medicann Blue Blood & Medicann Trainwreck

re: Medicann - Blue Blood & Medicann Trainwreck

Here is today's update. I trimmed a popcorn bud off each of the plants and quick dried them with the microwave method. The train wreck was a fast hitting fairly long lasting high. Interestingly enough, it was very smooth even though it had NO cure

We tried the Blue Blood last night. I found it to be a Very nice high. Some body, some head. I found myself relaxed and somewhat chatty.

I think they are about ready to go. I am thinking Friday for chop.

I was going to chop tomorrow but since I have the time today and the Trichomes look ready, I will do it today. Here are the pictures before chopping. The plants are not huge but the buds are solid. The Train Wreck might even have an entry for Nug of the Month!!! ;)

It is hard to get a picture of the trichomes because I have to hold the Microscope steady with one hand while trying to click the mouse with the other.

I will post more after the chop!

Untitled_16.jpg
20150101_095549_resized.jpg
20150101_095522_resized.jpg
20150101_092855_resized.jpg
20150101_092835_resized.jpg
20150101_092831_resized.jpg
20150101_092811_resized.jpg

Looking awesome supergroomer. Sure those meds will be great for your ailments. I have been having some terrible back problems lately with muscles spasms around my sciatic nerve. As a result I have been looking into all sorts of herbs and natural anti inflammatory. One that has helped me immensely has been a herb called Devil's Claw. It's legal, relatively cheap and you can get it from most health food stores or Amazon. Very worth a try, takes a few days to make a difference but it definitely does help.

@ cannabelle you have some great signature links thanks for sharing. Happy new years all!!!

Ok. The chopping is done. Here are the before drying numbers.

Blue Blood.

92g bud
36g popcorn/trim

Here is a pic of the best bud.

20150101_110112_resized.jpg

Train Wreck.

145g bud
32g popcorn/trim

And the pics.

20150101_111814_resized.jpg
20150101_111822_resized.jpg

While neither plant was huge or produced a quarter pound, I am very please with this outcome. Considering the way the 2 plants started, I didn't think they were going to make it. This is what I got even with the stunted beginning. I am also learning how to better use my lights, nutes etc. With my best prior being around 17g of dried "fluffy" buds from my CFLs this is a huge improvement and I feel will only get better as my skills increase. I will post the dry weight when I have it.

Thanks

Congratulations on your harvest! How many days were the plants flowered for?

I was surprised. Only around 50 days.

The next BB and TW that are in flowering now, Should produce better. They had a full 8 weeks vegging and they weren't stunted at the beginning.

I hope to double the size of the next 2 plants.

I switched my veg closet from 18/6 to 12/1 or The gas lantern routine. It is 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off. I have read that (depending on who you listen too) it produces as well or better and saves on electricity. That was the reason I went to LEDs , to save on electric. I will post some pictures later and we will see how they look over the next week. :peace:

Supergroomer

Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule can maintain plants but gives diminished growth due to less hours of light. Gas Lantern Routine may also not be best lighting schedule for maintaining mother plants.

Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule can maintain plants but gives diminished growth due to less hours of light. Gas Lantern Routine may also not be best lighting schedule for maintaining mother plants.

What do you suggest? Should I switch back to 18/6 in the Veg closet? I am not married to the GLR. I wanted to give it a try but if you feel I would be better served to switch back, I can.

Thanks for the advise!!

I was surprised. Only around 50 days.

The next BB and TW that are in flowering now, Should produce better. They had a full 8 weeks vegging and they weren't stunted at the beginning.

I hope to double the size of the next 2 plants.

Gas Lantern Routine has also been noted to produce earlier flowering, faster maturing but smaller harvests. What lighting schedule did you use for flowering?

What do you suggest? Should I switch back to 18/6 in the Veg closet? I am not married to the GLR. I wanted to give it a try but if you feel I would be better served to switch back, I can.

Thanks for the advise!!

For vegetative growth using a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness produces the best growth. For vegetative growth I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants given at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Gas Lantern Routine has also been noted to produce earlier flowering, faster maturing but smaller harvests. What lighting schedule did you use for flowering?

The flower closet is straight 12/12. I have different plants rotating in there so I really don't have a chose.

I jarred my Blue Blood and Train Wreck this morning. I ended with 31g on the Train Wreck and 21 on the Blue Blood. I am happy with that for a first LED grow (even though it started CFL). 52g from 2 plants. I had less then that from 3 plants last time. I expect my numbers to continue to go up as I become a more skilled and intelligent grower. ;) The plants in flowering now are already bigger then the last ones. They had a better Veg time.

hi SG. enjoy your smoke :)

Back
Top Bottom