Metal halide spectrum?

PhatBlunt,

The blue MH will work fine. For optimum flowering they say to use the HPS due to the fact they give off more of the red spectrums. 3000 lumens per square foot is at least what the plant needs to grow or do anything. 7000 is optimum but hard to reach if your on a budget.

If the aquarium lights say they come in a red spectrum than they should be ok for the flowering stage. Blue spectrum for the veg stage red spectrum for the flowering stage.

I have a 150w HQI 14,000K bulb. It was on my reef aquarium. Worked great on my aquarium for growing coralline algae but I don't think it helped my plant. The plant didn't live long enough for me to notice any growth. The plant was healthy when my buddy gave me it and had a great root system. Not sure about metal halides used for growing. I would like more info so I can just put it back on my aquarium or not=]

If you are on a tight budget, take a look at the CFL's. I have seen a couple on the sponsor's sites that appear to work really well and are not expensive. As KillAton said, you do not want to be cheap on the lights. Spend as much as you possibly can because the more of the right light you have, the better the results

Back
Top Bottom