MH or HPS

mountainman20

I am running 3- 400 watt bulbs I have all ways run MH and HPS together. I got a other 400 watt light this time. A friend of mine said I was wasting my hps running it in the veg stage. I am new to the web site and have been growing for a lot of years. My crops have been great running both MH and HPS together. What does every one think should I run all MH in Veg stage and then add the HPS when flowering start. Thanks for the help.:thanks:

I am gonna say the more spectrum of light the better. I believe the different spectrum's create different chlorophyls one does chlorophyll A and the other Chlorophyll B. I would suspect that creating both is better for the plant than just one or the other. this is probably why the sun does it best. If I am mistaken hopefully someone will correct me.

I am gonna say the more spectrum of light the better. I believe the different spectrum's create different chlorophyls one does chlorophyll A and the other Chlorophyll B. I would suspect that creating both is better for the plant than just one or the other. this is probably why the sun does it best. If I am mistaken hopefully someone will correct me.

I agree with you.

Ideally, you would use MH for Veg,, and HPS for Flower, but if you can add additional lighting, and spectrums, I still believe it can benefit the plants.

Some growers use only HPS for both veg and flower so it definitely benefits the plant. MH is really only for vege to stop too much stretch so both together should work well.

i use two 400W MH during veg cycle (6000k) and always supplement with CFL side lighting to round things out - 5000K, 3500K, and 2700K

it makes a big difference in terms of potency (at least IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom