Hps all the way through?

shnook

ok so this is my first grow! i have a 30x 30 veg tent and a 6.5x.6.5 flower tent. in my veg i planned on running a 400 watt hps/mh gth light fixture. im having problems with it running my mh bulb actually it will run for a min and then turn off i replaced the bulb etc. my question is can i run hps from clone and seed and still be ok?

thank you for your info! :)

:peace:

Is your ballast stuffed??? And using a HPS preferably a SONTAGRO globe from veg til flower is ok, sum ppl run a mh all way thru. But each light has an abundance of a particular light strain, mh is blue / white light and HPS is more amber/orange usually for flowering..But plant will still grow and mature under either.

thank you for the info. im not sure how to check if my ballast is stuffed. do you have any info on that?

well when its plugged in it should emit a small humming sound.. i use a 400w and its fairly quiet but humms and once the globe is plugged in after about 30 seconds, the globe should immediately flash and generate its pulse gradually over a minute or so.. If your light isnt functioning in similar way and ur ballast is silent it may be stuffed.. Is it second hand? Mine is, 7 yrs old in fact, but works pefectly so they can last a while if looked after.

Back
Top Bottom