Mh veg grow

WW1000

Can you grow a plant under a MH Lamp, 18/6, then change it to 12/12. MH gives off an orange lite where HPS give off a blue hue. I am wondering if growing under an orange lite will change the qualities of the plant?

Can you grow a plant under a MH Lamp, 18/6, then change it to 12/12. MH gives off an orange lite where HPS give off a blue hue. I am wondering if growing under an orange lite will change the qualities of the plant?

The MH lamp produces the blue light, while the HPS produces the orange light. The actual spectrums are much broader, but these are the colors perceived by the naked eye.

The "conventional" way of growing is to use MH for vegging & HPS for flowering, although there are many variations. Some folks use HPS for both veg & flower, some like a mixture of MH & HPS for flower, some like to use HPS for flower but use the MH for the last two weeks (and sometimes even the first two weeks of flower as well).... You'll need to do you own experiments to see which works best for you.

Sorry I got them mixed up. But you answered my question. will try something this time.

Back
Top Bottom