MH in flowering increases potency and quality?

Dooo

Hello,

I would like to share something with you and see what you think, and/or what did you notice from personal experience ...

I've read an old grower's testimony that plants flowered under HPS produce high of lower quality, opposed to those flowered under MH bulbs. He said that he grew marijuana for 30 years and made lots of experiments. The thread is 10 years old so I didn't want to ressurect it, the guy is probably not on the forum anymore. Source - (600w metal halide - UK420)

It kinda makes sense because light color of 2000-2100K is not natural. For centuries the plant has been receiving more blue light in flowering stage than the HPS gives her. So the plant must have, during evolution, developed a certain use/need for that blue color she gets.

So my question is, did any of you test this?

I am trying to find the perfect HID lighting setup. Up until now I believed that the way to go is - vege MH, flower HPS - but now I don't know anymore.

The setup I am considering now is MH for vegetation and HPS dual spectrum for flowering. What do you think about that? What do you know about Sunmaster dual spectrum lamps? - I cannot find the specifics about the color it actually produces ...

Or maybe - using standard MH -> HPS method, and then switching to MH for the last 2 weeks to give the plant that fine tuning for the buds. Source - (SunMaster 600w dual spectrum or 600w Grolux? - UK420).

_____

I'm starting my second indoor grow right now, using two separate boxes consisting of 9x Sensi Seeds Super Skunk under 600W, and 4x Delicious Seeds Cheese Candy under 400w, respectively.

Gonna make a grow journal on the forum, so I hope you see it and wish me luck :)

Back
Top Bottom