LED vs MH in veg

I have now vegged under CFL, LED and now MH. I am using MH magnetic ballast systems for the heat during the winter. I have found the plant structure WAY different under MH. I will have to post some pics to back this but I find LED gives the best plant structure with CFL close then MH. Any opinions?

Could be that the LEDS, CFL's used for vegging offer a better wave length (nm) of colour spectrum & intensity assoicated to the peak values of chlorophyll A & B in the vegegative growth phase.

I would assume you are using 6400k/6500k blue spectrum cfl's... please correct if wrong ?

Hey Buck!
I have used MH in the past LED in my current grow and just for the first time got a T5 for my mothers. GOD DAMN! The pick for me for my mother plants where i am taking largish quantities of clones. But in saying that when intense light is required to make the use of my co2 and the penetration then my LED wins out everytime. Just my experience anyway.

:peace:

so far on my week 2 veg under led im liking the results the plants are thriving and growing rapidly
pot121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom