I need methods to reduce electricity bills

morphin

Hello.
I paid four times more than the I paid when the lights where not running.

I only have 2 600W MH + 2 fans. They're working 16/24.
Now I'm going to setup new veg room to separate my veg + bloom rooms.
So I need to add another 600W MH and change these MH's to HPS's.
Its not good because Winter is coming and it will be *6 - *7 next month...

I use Purelight 600w electromagnetic ballast and they're not eco as electronic ballasts but they're extremely cheap.

1- What is the electricity usage between the electronic ballast and the electromagnetic ballast?
2- If I build the veg room with LEDs or t8-t9 lamps what will be cost and what is the best for me?

Show me the way please.

Cooltubes installed with your lights will help the heat but only helps a tiny bit on the electric bill because your not useing as much electric to keep everything cool.
Switching all your lights to LED litghing will drop that bill alot.
My teen duaghter used more electric than my whole set up. I use CFL and LED

Cooltubes installed with your lights will help the heat but only helps a tiny bit on the electric bill because your not useing as much electric to keep everything cool.
Switching all your lights to LED litghing will drop that bill alot.
My teen duaghter used more electric than my whole set up. I use CFL and LED

My electric bill is higher in the summer due to having to run an air conditioner and dehumidifier 24/7. The lights now help heat the room instead of overheat it. LEDs in veg work well for me.

I dont have air or heat problem in my room. I'm using the heat actually its winter here.
I cant change all the setup right now because $=*5 in my country :)

I only have 2 ballast and 2mh + 2hps lamp.
Now I'm thinking to move 1 600W to Veg room and I want to buy 1x or 2x 300W LED.
So in my veg room I will only have 1x600W MH.
In bloom room 1x600WHPS and 1x or 2x 300WLED.
For now I shouldn't raise this bill any more. Maybe later I will change the Veg room with leds too. They're not cheap things.

I will have 10-12 plant in my bloom room. What is your LED advice to bloom ?

Yeah I agree veg spot do it ledonly break out the big lights after a week or two flower will help u save something

This was my room plan.
plan-jpeg.1650584

If I change my VEG room to LED only. Which led should I use?
Can you advice me any LED product for that plan?
The led should give 6500K because I have clones in there.

It's costly to grow cannabis, but when you calculate your gram price it's very cheap :)

It sounds like your budget is way too tight for proper LED, so you should probably stick with HID and fluorescent tubes.

Now lets cut that bill with knowledge in stead of throwing money at it ;)

First, your veg room should be divided into two rooms with a mother/clone room with fluorescent tubes running from 16/8 to 24/0.

The actual veg room could be with a 400w MH running Gas Lantern Routine 12/5,5/1/5,5 - 13 hours on with one of the hours interrupting the dark cycle.

The flowering room can be run at 11/13 or 10/14, or slowly decrease the light cycle as flowering progresses.

gas lantern for sure. works great.

another option if your willign to change your lighting, CMH.

one CMH for veg room, three for flower. could cut you down to about 1200 watts instead of 1800. pretty expensive to set up though, expecially if you want to run external ballasts to keep heat down.

This was my room plan.
plan-jpeg.1650584

If I change my VEG room to LED only. Which led should I use?
Can you advice me any LED product for that plan?
The led should give 6500K because I have clones in there.

I'm running LED's and i'm wondering what a "proper" LED is too. if i have to buy new ones i will lol.

It's costly to grow cannabis, but when you calculate your gram price it's very cheap :)

It sounds like your budget is way too tight for proper LED, so you should probably stick with HID and fluorescent tubes.

Now lets cut that bill with knowledge in stead of throwing money at it ;)

First, your veg room should be divided into two rooms with a mother/clone room with fluorescent tubes running from 16/8 to 24/0.

The actual veg room could be with a 400w MH running Gas Lantern Routine 12/5,5/1/5,5 - 13 hours on with one of the hours interrupting the dark cycle.

The flowering room can be run at 11/13 or 10/14, or slowly decrease the light cycle as flowering progresses.

The problem is not the price. Electricity bill draws more suspicion. I don't wanna be. :rip:
I was thinking to use veg room also for clones. Do I really need 24/0 cycle for clones?
"12/5,5/1/5,5 - 13 hours on" I did not saw this before. What is the purpose of this?

Fair enough. Try it with a single clone or something if you're interested in it. Just a few CFLs on their own.

I use it. Works great. I find they start to flower really quick after removing that one hour

The problem is not the price. Electricity bill draws more suspicion.

Then by all means invest in the newest tech and change your method to SoG, then you'll be able to keep the same yearly yield using less than half the power you use now.

I have read about it but I dont wanna risk my plants. I will continue with 18/6 veg, 12/12 bloom, 24/0 for clones.

You haven't read enough then, you don't risk anything by using GLR, you just use less energy ;)

Hi morphin, if you use LED, bills will drops, not only on the lights, but also on the cooling systems.;) By the way, you can check out Mars Hydro lights, will do black friday sales in two days. best time for shopping around. cheers! :slide:

I'm running LED's and i'm wondering what a "proper" LED is too. if i have to buy new ones i will lol.

I consider Quantum boards to be proper LED's, Bright white, no Blurples

I consider Quantum boards to be proper LED's, Bright white, no Blurples

Definitely interesting. I have 2 blurple lights. Hope they at least get me some bud. I'll be looking into these quantum boards.

Thanks

Definitely interesting. I have 2 blurple lights. Hope they at least get me some bud. I'll be looking into these quantum boards.

Thanks
Yes, I completed my first grow in September, 3' x 3' scrog 4 plants, CoCo drain to waste set up with AN nutes. 260 watt Quantum boards. Yield was 442 grams dry flower.

Back
Top Bottom