Mid to late flowering

Escri101

420 Member
Hey guys, this is my first grow and first time every posting on a forum, I’m just looking to some more information on growing. Specifically on flowering, I’m coming up on week 6 of flower just wanted to know, how do I know when there ready for harvest? Should I flush my plants before harvest? What are the best ways to harvest? Here are some pics
Thanks guys

A5A69589-CCAC-4EE1-99C3-D5EDDD887764.jpeg

383DBD94-D3D8-440A-9B46-4115784ABF6C.jpeg

F690DAB9-BE75-43C5-A058-96F862564C55.jpeg

E7A5E2DA-7310-4773-BBC2-2C8218C440CC.jpeg

Nice looking grow. Yeap it will be a while. You will know you are getting close when the pistols start to turn darker brown.

Plants look great and the flowering seems to be doing well. Couple of more weeks and you will be picking up more experience on how to harvest and everything that goes with that.

... I’m just looking to some more information on growing. Specifically on flowering, I’m coming up on week 6 of flower just wanted to know, how do I know when there ready for harvest? Should I flush my plants before harvest? What are the best ways to harvest? Here are some pics
I am big on doing some research and some of your questions are similar to what I looked up when I was getting started with growing a cannabis plant or two.

There is a drop-down menu called New Posts. It looks like one of the forums on this msg board but is a listing of all the threads that have a recent msg. I check that every morning, often without logging in, and I noticed that several of the threads were related to your question on whether to flush. What is good about that type of research is that after looking through several threads on any question I come across a lot of the background to the topic.

Another thing that is easy to do is to ask each question in a google search, or use a favorite search engine, and getting other growers thoughts on the topic.

Another way of searching is the ask the question but include 420magazine in the question. On the topic of harvesting an example is:
best way to harvest marijuana 420magazine
The first group of links that comes up will refer back to this message board and the topic of harvesting. I frequently go to google when I cannot find the exact thread I am looking for with the search function here. Not sure how easy it is to do a proper search when using a cell-phone.

Speaking of harvesting you will come across the topics of Bud Washing and the Best Way to Dry. Questions leading to more questions....;)

Plants look great and the flowering seems to be doing well. Couple of more weeks and you will be picking up more experience on how to harvest and everything that goes with that.

I am big on doing some research and some of your questions are similar to what I looked up when I was getting started with growing a cannabis plant or two.

There is a drop-down menu called New Posts. It looks like one of the forums on this msg board but is a listing of all the threads that have a recent msg. I check that every morning, often without logging in, and I noticed that several of the threads were related to your question on whether to flush. What is good about that type of research is that after looking through several threads on any question I come across a lot of the background to the topic.

Another thing that is easy to do is to ask each question in a google search, or use a favorite search engine, and getting other growers thoughts on the topic.

Another way of searching is the ask the question but include 420magazine in the question. On the topic of harvesting an example is:
best way to harvest marijuana 420magazine
The first group of links that comes up will refer back to this message board and the topic of harvesting. I frequently go to google when I cannot find the exact thread I am looking for with the search function here. Not sure how easy it is to do a proper search when using a cell-phone.

Speaking of harvesting you will come across the topics of Bud Washing and the Best Way to Dry. Questions leading to more questions....;)
Thank you for the feedback Very helpful. I was also thinking about buying a press to make dabs, have you gotten into that yet?

Thank you for the feedback Very helpful. I was also thinking about buying a press to make dabs, have you gotten into that yet?
I am old and old school. I just wait till the cure is finished and grab a pack of papers and roll one up. Can't find my old brass pipe so that is out.:)

But young enough at heart that I go through the bud washing stage. Then I dry low and slow in the fridge and do the cure in canning jars for a month or more. Just found a small Mason jelly jar with the first Marijuana plant I grew and then harvested back in November of 2017. Smells just as good now as it did back when I finished the curing in time for Christmas of that year. Might have to roll one from that stash one of these days.

I am old and old school. I just wait till the cure is finished and grab a pack of papers and roll one up. Can't find my old brass pipe so that is out.:)

But young enough at heart that I go through the bud washing stage. Then I dry low and slow in the fridge and do the cure in canning jars for a month or more. Just found a small Mason jelly jar with the first Marijuana plant I grew and then harvested back in November of 2017. Smells just as good now as it did back when I finished the curing in time for Christmas of that year. Might have to roll one from that stash one of these days.
What is bud washing?

What is bud washing?
It is a way of washing the flowers at harvest time. Pretty simple and a good chance that after doing it several times and comparing the result to buds that were not washed you will become one of the "bud washers" yourself.

There is a little magnifying glass icon at the top of the page. Clicking on that opens up the search function for this message board. If you start reading up on 'Bud Washing' you will get the basic idea of how it is done. Don't know how to do the search using a cell phone but it is there somewhere.

Bud Wash - doc bud's method

3 - 5 gal buckets

1st bucket - 1/3 cup lemon juice + 1/3 cup baking soda + fill bucket with water (wash bucket)

2nd and 3rd bucket = fill both with plain water - Rinse buckets

Clip off branches remove fan leaves (I do 3 branches at a time). Dip in wash bucket and dunk and repeat 10-15 times. Jusk dunk and lift up out of the water and dunk again...

Then do the same with both rinse buckets

Hang dry on a line.

Back
Top Bottom