Milk is on the doorstep

Indicolas

See pics. Is this the milk we want or more cloudy? Some of the ambers on the sugar leaves looks clear. Do those get cloudy as well? There still are some clear trichromes. Shall I wait? I'm in mid week 7.
Trichs.png
_DSC3960.png

See pics. Is this the milk we want or more cloudy? Some of the ambers on the sugar leaves looks clear. Do those get cloudy as well? There still are some clear trichromes. Shall I wait? I'm in mid week 7.
Trichs.png
_DSC3960.png
They look 👀 clear to me so if it was me I’d wait until cloudy. But I would definitely check it daily. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Is this the milk we want or more cloudy? Some of the ambers on the sugar leaves looks clear. Do those get cloudy as well? There still are some clear trichromes. Shall I wait?
For the most part the trichomes start off clean and will start to turn a milky or cloudy (dull white color) and then some will start to turn to the amber or yellowish-brown.

I see a lot of clear and white or cloudy there with the occasional amber. As @CaptainLucky mentions wait until more of the clear turns to the milky color.

Trichs.png
_DSC3960.png
Trichomes are not ready to be judged until all the white pistils die back, shrink and turn amber and the calyxes have swollen. 50% of your pistils are white and there is NO swelling. You have Weeks before trichomes should even be looked at.

Trichomes are not ready to be judged until all the white pistils die back, shrink and turn amber and the calyxes have swollen. 50% of your pistils are white and there is NO swelling. You have Weeks before trichomes should even be looked at.
That’s contingent upon how you like the effect of your bud. Amber is more of a couch locked and cloudy is more of a cerebral, uplifting feeling. CL🍀

That’s contingent upon how you like the effect of your bud. Amber is more of a couch locked and cloudy is more of a cerebral, uplifting feeling. CL🍀
What I said really has nothing to do with Trichome color—what it is with trichomes is this—the amber trichomes on sativas don’t make you sleepy. The clear or cloudy trichomes on indica s don’t give you a head high. Immature bud gives you a terrible jittery feeling. I keep saying every time this topic comes up that people who grow need to learn what a ripe bud looks like. People that start looking at trichomes to ‘find’ cloudy trichomes will of course ‘find’ them..even on buds with no visible swollen calyxes and 50% white hairs.
Let the bud finish before you examine trichomes or forget the magnifiers and let ALL the hairs turn amber, die back and shrivel and wait two weeks and you will have mature, good tasting, full effect weed.
Back in the day nobody had scopes to view trichs but we knew when to harvest.

What I said really has nothing to do with Trichome color—what it is with trichomes is this—the amber trichomes on sativas don’t make you sleepy. The clear or cloudy trichomes on indica s don’t give you a head high. Immature bud gives you a terrible jittery feeling [1]. I keep saying every time this topic comes up that people who grow need to learn what a ripe bud looks like [2]. People that start looking at trichomes to ‘find’ cloudy trichomes will of course ‘find’ them..even on buds with no visible swollen calyxes and 50% white hairs.
Let the bud finish before you examine trichomes or forget the magnifiers and let ALL the hairs turn amber, die back and shrivel and wait two weeks and you will have mature, good tasting, full effect weed.
1/ This may be your experience, does not make it a fact for all
2/ You are amongst seasoned growers mate, we all know what ripe bud looks like dude; respect

There are no rules, only preferences

1/ This may be your experience, does not make it a fact for all
2/ You are amongst seasoned growers mate, we all know what ripe bud looks like dude; respect

There are no rules, only preferences
1) this is advice for those that do have questions—not for the internet experts.
2) The dude who got my reply posted a bud that some think is ready. It isn’t and I would expect experienced growers to share the truth.

What I said really has nothing to do with Trichome color—what it is with trichomes is this—the amber trichomes on sativas don’t make you sleepy. The clear or cloudy trichomes on indica s don’t give you a head high. Immature bud gives you a terrible jittery feeling. I keep saying every time this topic comes up that people who grow need to learn what a ripe bud looks like. People that start looking at trichomes to ‘find’ cloudy trichomes will of course ‘find’ them..even on buds with no visible swollen calyxes and 50% white hairs.
I didn’t say that a Sativa with amber Trichomes was going to make anyone couch locked. Perhaps less of an energetic but I think 🤔 we all know that a Indica is going to be more of a body feeling and Sativas are more head irregardless of when it’s harvested. CL🍀 :thanks:

I didn’t say that a Sativa with amber Trichomes was going to make anyone couch locked. Perhaps less of an energetic but I think 🤔 we all know that a Indica is going to be more of a body feeling and Sativas are more head irregardless of when it’s harvested. CL🍀 :thanks:
I agree with you to a point. What I find is that even immature indica causes an unpleasant jittery feeling. Also some landrace sativas seem to be prone to early amber trichomes—and if you’re lucky enough to find a pheno with the early amber it’s gonna be good. Seeing some amber is not always an indication of overripe weed. Brown or black trichomes are the dead ones.

I agree with you to a point. What I find is that even immature indica causes an unpleasant jittery feeling. Also some landrace sativas seem to be prone to early amber trichomes—and if you’re lucky enough to find a pheno with the early amber it’s gonna be good. Seeing some amber is not always an indication of overripe weed. Brown or black trichomes are the dead ones.
I can’t say if I would agree or not because I don’t smoke Indica and I haven’t had any Sativas that I let get but a little amber. But I’m very happy with everything I’ve grown with cloudy trics. Happy growing Growmie. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

The OP had a genuine question and I'm sure they didn't expect this.
I think everyone agreed that it was too early to harvest. So what's the issue?

They probably haven't been back to see it yet but it sets the wrong impression for someone new to the site.
This is a peaceful place where members are welcoming and know how to respect each other.

All posts not related to the OP's question have been removed.
Friendly reminder, we ask that all members maintain a positive vibe when posting on our website. :thanks:

The OP had a genuine question and I'm sure they didn't expect this.
I think everyone agreed that it was too early to harvest. So what's the issue?

They probably haven't been back to see it yet but it sets the wrong impression for someone new to the site.
This is a peaceful place where members are welcoming and know how to respect each other.
Thank you Regrowth. I was hesitant to reply so quickly but to let the fire die down. This type of hostile environment is commonly seen on most all forums. From what I see, not all, and everywhere is that the most experienced and senior members are the ones who are the perfectionist and most critical. And newbies are the perfect prey. I don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong and it helps other readers. But to be bullied is different.

Depends on the result you are looking for. Sativa milky is good; maybe with something extreme like malawi you can wait for some amber, probably not. Indica? Amber is probably what you want. You look for a sedative quality which must be balanced. Brown versus slightly amber. Your choice.

Back
Top Bottom