Why are trichomes taking so long to turn?

erockhardass

Hello again friends,

I have harvested a few colas and am waiting until the lower buds are ready before harvesting them, but the trichromes seem to be taking forever to change. The heat is starting to get to be an issue, with temps in the mid 80s. The trichromes are all cloudy with about 10-20 percent amber, but I would like at least a 50-50 ratio. Is there a way to speed this up? I have read in some places that shortening the light cycle even more to 8 on 16 off, but I am skeptical.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's too late to really speed things up. messing with the dark/light from the beginning 12/12 schedual does adjust flowering lengths but it also affects yields. Every shortcut takes away from something else. usually it's yield. I ran a 16off 8on schedual once and shortened my flowering period by a week but I also lost about 33% of my yield too.

yes, when they are beautiful, u just want to have 'em. please, wait, the light cycle for cannabis to bud depends on the strain. sometimes 11 hours, others at 13 hours of dark. 13 hours is only when u are ready to harvest the plant 1 week after. i can be off too if u have sativa strain.

I had this same situation on my last Runtz grow. Started as an indoor then moved to outdoor once it turned. Everything seemed on track but trichs took forever. Small sugar leaves were yellowing before some notable amber showed up. The plant loss some terps from prolonged age (11 wks of flower) resulting in a near tasteless smoke. But the buzz was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom