Questions on when to harvest Northern Lights and AK47xBlueberry

bubbleboy

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great information and posts on the site!

I am new at growing and just about ready for the first crop to be harvested. The plants are at 41 days flowering. I have both Northern Lights and AK47xBlueberry under a 400W MH lamp.

I have read through several of the threads about 'when' they should be ready, but to tell you the truth I cannot really tell (even with 30x mag) if the trichromes are clear/cloudy/amber. I take cuttings and place them on white paper and look, but nothing really jumps out at me as to where in the cycle they are. I will try to upload a pic of the 30x mag, but I am having trouble getting it focused. In the mean time, I have posted a pic of the NL cola in the hopes that someone can point me in the right direction.

Any suggestions on how to make the viewing of the trichromes easier?

Pic:
NL_day_41_flowering3.JPG

Many thanks!

I'm not expert, I use a Bionicam at 100x, but it looks like you're perhaps 50-50 cloudy clear, I'm not 100% sure either and it's a tricky thing to learn. I take dozens of pics before I get a good one or two and I've only done it a few times.. Thankfully I like a lot of amber so it gets easier as they ripen for me.

41 days for NL? You're still 2-4 weeks out if I remember correctly and depending on how ripe you like them.

Good luck!!

Indicana :cool:

Thanks for the responses. Is it common in all strains for the fan leaves to 'yellow-up' closer to harvest time? I haven't noticed any of the leaves turning yellow ... it sure is hard to wait for the final changes before the good harvest time.

Back
Top Bottom