Mini fridge growing?

420Hero

Hi, I'm as newbie as it gets to growing, but its all for personal gain, I just want to spend less money as it seems my appetite for the herb has grown considerably larger then my wallet.

So I remember reading something once upon a time on using a miniature fridge to grow certain strains of bud that don't grow too tall. Given I can control the temperature, theres constant air flow and how fridges are created to keep smells in, would this be a good idea? If so What do I need to do, what kind of wattage what nutrients,soil etc.

I need pretty much crash course

Re: Mini fridge growing ?

Good to see you are interested in growing man, welcome...
First, you need to read up. There is a wealth of knowledge on 420mag, you just have to look. :yummy:

Check out all the stealth/micro-grow journals, they might give you a bright idea or 2 about how to go about constructing your growcab. You will also need to research general growing information, such as:
Soil Or Hydropionics
Do you want an organic, soil based grow with little hassle and maintenance? Maybe you would prefer the faster turn-around and larger yields of hydro?
Light Requirements
Read up on types of lights such as CFL and HID. Figure out which are right for your situation. Also learn about the different photo phases of the plant and the right lights for each. Begin to gain some knowledge on the various stages of the plants life-cycle.
Nutrient Requirements
Whether you decide to go soil or hydro, you will need to figure out what nutrients you will be feeding the plants.
Other Environmental Factors
Ventilation/heat, odor control, pests, CO2 and RH (humidity) are all factors in having a successful grow.

Heres some links that will point you in the right direction:
F A Q
HH Microgrow
Stealth First Grow
I'm currently converting a 2x2x3 fridge to grow in as well.

Later man, hope this helped... :peace:

Re: Mini fridge growing ?

Thanks found some good stuff I've been reading up on. I'll make a journal when I get started next week. Might still need some help getting hte right lighting in the fridge without burning my plants with it being too close.

Back
Top Bottom