First some stats:

1000 watts of HPS (1-600 1-400)
FFOF in 3-gal pots
General Organics Nutes
Temp:65-75
RH:40
PH: Unknown
Strain: Supergirl

A few of the fan leaves are discoloring. I can't find any images in the FAQ that resemble my problem. It starts as almost iridescent silver, then changes to a dark yellow/orange. I don't currently have a PH meter so i wont be able to supply my PH levels. I do water with only RO water though. Here is an image of my garden:

crew1.jpg

And here are some of the leaves in question:

leaf111.jpg
leaf26.jpg

The only picture that comes close to what this looks like is a Boron def. But it's not close enough to be convincing. Has anyone seen this before?

After further investigation, i think the discoloration may be do to thrip damage. So far it's the only thing i've read about that causes any type of silver discoloration. I'm not fully convinced it is thrips though. Besides the discoloration, there is no visible evidence of bugs anywhere. No eggs, no droppings, and no bugs. Also, the damage is contained to a very small space, and has not worsened or spread to any other plants. I am still at a complete loss. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like you may be burning the leaves... what height is the lamp?

Just under 2ft. The leaves pictured are about half way down the plant. The tops look just fine. So i don't think light burn is a prime candidate.

Some new info i got today makes me believe some soil in one of my containers is the source of a bug issue. One of the plants in my garden was a maui wowie clone i got from a friend. I gave it a thorough inspection before bringing it home. Everything checked out. I learned today that the soil was a concoction one of his friends whipped up with some dirt of unknown provenance. When i got this news i dug around in the soil a bit and saw some winged creatures fly out of it. That plant is now in a quarantined area to see if this theory pans out.

Back
Top Bottom