Minumum amount of time living in MI to recieve MMJ?

mr-natural78

I live 30 min from the MI state line. I am thinking of moving just inside the MI state line. I would still be close enough to drive to work at my current job and all that good stuff. Is there a minumum amount of time you have to be a resident in the state to recieve MMJ?

Anyone? I haven't found anything saying there is a minumum residency requirement, but was hoping for conformation from someone in MI and familiar with the MMJ system. I believe just establishing legal residency and obtaining a MI state drivers license would suffice?

Try calling the doctor's office and asking what they need from you. They should be motivated to answer your questions truthfully.

Try calling the Southfield Cannabis College. @ 888-633-4769 They can answer this question...:roorrip:

mr-natural78, once you pay rent, and physically move in (turning on utilities), you can declare your residency by changing your drivers license or State id to a Mi. State Id you are a resident. This is true in any state, unless you are a college student or commuter with a second home in Mi. for example and declare your home original home as your primary residence. If this is not the case, then the above answers your question. It may help to obtain Mi library card before getting a State of Michigan Id.

INITIATION OF LEGISLATION

An initiation of Legislation to allow under state law the medical use of marihuana; to provide protections for the medical use of marihuana; to provide for a system of registry identification cards for qualifying patients and primary caregivers; to impose a fee for registry application and renewal; to provide for the promulgation of rules; to provide for the administration of this act; to provide for enforcement of this act; to provide for affirmative defenses; and to provide for penalties for violations of this act.

<...SNIP...>

3. Definitions. Sec. 3. As used in this act:

(k) "Visiting qualifying patient" means a patient who is not a resident of this state or who has been a resident of this state for less than 30 days.

<...SNIP...>

That might help a little.

Any follow up to this? We own property in Michigan and spend the summers up there. I wonder if I can get a card if I'm a part time resident? If not I'll change residence up there for sure.

Back
Top Bottom