Missouri Veteran Says He Should Be Allowed To Grow Pot Instead Of Becoming An Addict

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A wounded Missouri veteran is gearing up for a battle he says he shouldn't have to fight. But this battle is in a courtroom.

Prosecutors have slapped Ken Unger of St. Charles with a felony charge of growing marijuana in his home. Unger says it's strictly for medicinal use to ease chronic pain cause by an accident he had in 1983 while on a tour of duty. But he doesn't deny the charges.

"Yes I was growing marijuana, and I was growing it for my own personal consumption," he said.

Unger was prescribed morphine to control his pain, which he says he's tired of.

"I feel like I'm totally trapped," Unger said. "I'm not allowed to do anything for pain relief other than be a morphine addict, and I don't want to be a morphine addict."

Prosecutors like Jack Banas say that's simply too bad.

"It's illegal. It's flat out illegal. There's no exception to it," said Banas about the law Unger is accused of violating. "We're not a state that has any kind of defense to it such as a medical defense."

Marijuana legal action group "Green Aid" has stepped forward to help Unger fight the felony charges.

If convicted, Unger could face five to f15 years behind bars. A hearing is scheduled for March.

Soldier_Potaa.JPG

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: kypost.com
Copyright: 2011 Scripps Media, Inc.
Website: Missouri veteran says he should be allowed to grow pot instead of becoming a morphine addict

Re: Missouri Veteran Says He Should Be Allowed To Grow Pot Instead Of Becoming An Add

Wow, be an addict of the the drugs they say you can use for pain medication. When are they going to pull their collective heads out of each others ass? I am getting sick of the news. Sorry not trying to be a downer, just miffed..no pissed is a better word. I need a smoke or 2 :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom