Mixing nutrients

I used to mix in 1 gallon jugs. Each jug had each specific fert. I use FF so one jug would be GrowBig, one jug BigBloom, etc. Now I just use a 3 gallon bucket and mix all my nutes together. I use 2 gallons at a time for ease of watering (bucket not full). I have had no problems.

Most people will dilute their nutrients in one big container. Never mixing concentrates together, only introducing them to the water separately.

I did read an article, I believe on here, which was saying to dilute each in their own then bring them together. I haven't figured out why this would make sense, yet.

i will introduce them to the water separately. but i just have one pot. it is flowering maybe week 3 or 4 i couldn't follow that up cuz its the first grow. i dont even remember when i started to grow but maybe two months. anyway, 1 gallon would be too much for my plant. guess, i need to lower the amount of the nutes. i have a 10 litres of pot. how much water should i use?

The important thing in my experience is make sure the plant goes from nicely watered (heavy pot / run off after watering) to dry. Not to the point the plant is wilting. Just pick up the pot to ensure it is dry. They also have soil moisture meters and other things I don't find

necessary to use. I would start with a gallon of water and see how that works. I use a dropper measurer to pull my fert (if liquid) out of the bottle. If you wanna conserve your nutes, which we all do, then move it down to a half gallon if one gallon is too much. Just cut the recommended per gallon in half. Not trying to insult your intelligence, just laying it all out.

I use 1 cap full of FF nutes per 2qt container. I'll split this between two plants. Any more and i seem to get nute burn, but at the one cap full they do really well. If they need more water after that i use plain water until I see run off. I try to bump it to two caps fulls a few weeks before flowering.

I add the FF BB to the mix every so often too.

In Flowering I have 10-12 containers all in different stages so I do this as needed instead of mixing a large batch. This allows me to add Epsom salt, domolite or molasses to the mix as needed and yes, I mix it all together.....

Good luck!

Most people will dilute their nutrients in one big container. Never mixing concentrates together, only introducing them to the water separately.

I did read an article, I believe on here, which was saying to dilute each in their own then bring them together. I haven't figured out why this would make sense, yet.

I will not say I am an expert but after taking chemistry and physics classes you learn that everything (in this case nutrients) are chemical elements that have electron bonds that allow them to stick together as a specific molecule - lets say Nitrogen. These elements when put together can actually create other substances that are not necessarily helpful to your cause or problem. By diluting each nutrient separately into water first you keep the electrons at safe enough distances from each other so they do not create some chemical bond to another element which can become either negatively or positively ionic. This is another way of saying more acidic or more alkaline. Thus you help yourself keep your PH balance at the levels you want by diluting them first.

I hope that helps and if I am wrong then please help me understand why and explain it - Thanks

:peace:X

My feeding batch is 10 to 15 gallons. I use an 18 gallon tub and start with PH'd water, then add one nute at a time. I was told to NEVER mix the nutes then add them to the water.

I follow the mix instructions from the GH Flora nutes and then add extras after it's mixed like Molasses.

The final step is to use a bucket to pull out about 4 gallons and dump it back in several times to make sure everything is mixed well.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to mix each nute into a 1 gallon ph'd water 1st, then add to the main batch, but I really haven't had any problems with nutes.

Back
Top Bottom