Mixing nutrients

907skunk

Hey I am new to growing and still learning and researching but could use more info if anyone can help....thanx in advance

Was wondering about mixing nutes....like is there a certain way to do it?

I'm using dyna gro grow/bloom with tap water...well water really and was told I should use calmag or botanicare sweet?
Is there a certain way these should be mixed....or should I mix them like hours or days before using...I've read all kinds of things about it so any help would be great!!!!!!
I have some problems and I'm pretty sure my ph is on point

Hey skunk, I'm not sure about your particular nutrients/water but here's how I do mine.

I measure out 1l of tap water, let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Measure the pH and adjust, my tap water is usually around pH 8.5, I take it down to 7 +/-1.
Add 10ml of veg nute, mix well. Add 10ml of bloom nute, mix well.
Then I let it sit for 5+ minutes and recheck the pH.
The nutes I'm using will normally have the pH at 6 if I adjusted it to 7 before mixing.

I've found its a lot harder to make adjustments to pH once the nutes are in, so if you wanted 5.5 I'd adjust it to around 6.5 BEFORE adding nutes.

Hope this helps.

I was told not to worry about ph of tap water when using soil...I still check...everything is good there and when after mixing nutes ....seems a lil low on runoff...maybe 6ish...been told I have either cal or mag def so was debating on using calmag with my nutes

420-magazine-mobile1863751791.jpg

I always mix my calmag in first (using R. O. water) then the nutes then adjust the ph. If you are using well water you may not need to add cal mag at all for most well water already has plenty in it. The only to know for sure is to get you well water tested, which most county health depts. will do at no charge if you take them a sample (depending where you live). I have a well but the ppm is around 780, which is why I use a R. O. system so I can measure exactly what goes in.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanx...yea I live in middle of nowhere...closest town is couple hrs away...I wish I was smarter and could test it and understood the whole ppm of things

Hey I am new to growing and still learning and researching but could use more info if anyone can help....thanx in advance

Was wondering about mixing nutes....like is there a certain way to do it?

I'm using dyna gro grow/bloom with tap water...well water really and was told I should use calmag or botanicare sweet?
Is there a certain way these should be mixed....or should I mix them like hours or days before using...I've read all kinds of things about it so any help would be great!!!!!!
I have some problems and I'm pretty sure my ph is on point
The order doesnt matter, just make sure to mix thoroughly before you ph the water. You might need to add cal mag, these plants do use a lot of it and its almost impossible to overfeed calmag. What ph are you giving them?

It's all good....yea I wanna do cocoa ....I'm reading about what it is really and where I can get it and cost

I'm very neglectful at times, and have only lost a couple by my hand. I'd highly suggest giving it a try, if you have hydro shops nearby they will stock it. Otherwise, depending on the country you're in, local 'superstores' will probably also sell it.

I can't really give much information as to what it is, other than it's from coconut husks, and it's recommended to either mix or buy premixed with perlite to aid in drainage.

As far as cost, where I live it probably costs less than a good bag of soil. That being said, large plants means you'll go through it quicker. So cost is something to consider depending on availability.

Back
Top Bottom