MMJ for depression and anxiety

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I've been lurking for a while and reading up.

I have been depressed for about 20 years now. Realized that it's a condition and went to doc's about 9 years ago.
Depending on which of my doc's you ask you will get either major or bipolar or both and when I gave up conventional medicine I've even earned "incurable" as well - nothing works.

Since the time I went to doc I have tried the whole 9 yards and shitload of psychopharmaceuticals. Best result was total emotional numbness - you are incapable of feeling any emotion at all, even anger or sadness. Worst - completely rationalized suicide attempts because you clearly know that 1) tomorrow will suck same way 2) there is no relief.

Well, I did manage to survive and got off all antidepressants except my insomnia medicine. I noticed that if I keep my sleep in check, I can somewhat function - still depressed, still anxious, stressed and tired as shit, with xanax/ambien hangover in the mornings but I could drag myself through the day to the next one.

I quit drinking alcohol completely and now I'm sober close 2 years now and was actually considering convulsive electroshock as last resort.

And then I started looking/reading stuff about cannabis - medicinal properties. I'm not saying it cures depression BUT I get relief - I can sleep because it knocks me out. I eat again without forcing and I enjoy doing it, I'm relaxed and my mind is not racing and if I go with the flow I actually start enjoying doing things - the simple ones I had to drag myself to do before. It's like the "dead horse me" got some life back, even if it's for 2-4h at the time, it beats the overwhelming misery by million fold.

I think last time I experienced the simple joy of eating something tasty when I was 3 or 5 years old and clearing my cat's litter boxes was actually fun and not the usual "must do or die task" and that is a massive change in my thinking process.

I know it's not cure but I can function and enjoy life much better, without anorgasmia or foggy head or any other side effects you will get from prescription drugs. It takes away my anxiety, stress, racing thoughts, negativity, anger. I am better father because I actually enjoy spending time with my kids and not pretend or force myself to do that and the loud sounds, lights and all that noise does not irritate me anymore. I'm chilled, relaxed, easy going, no aggression.

Now I'm getting me off the benzos that I'm so used to taking for my sleep. Last night smoked 0.2g, raided fridge, and drifted away to sleep in that warm buzzing relaxed body high without my xanax-ambien mix while watching Dexter :D I think I still have something like "afterglow" today - in a good way.

Hope it helps. I'm definitely convinced that right cannabis in proper amount will give you good relief. Works for me.

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I've been lurking for a while and reading up.

I have been depressed for about 20 years now. Realized that it's a condition and went to doc's about 9 years ago.
Depending on which of my doc's you ask you will get either major or bipolar or both and when I gave up conventional medicine I've even earned "incurable" as well - nothing works.

Since the time I went to doc I have tried the whole 9 yards and shitload of psychopharmaceuticals. Best result was total emotional numbness - you are incapable of feeling any emotion at all, even anger or sadness. Worst - completely rationalized suicide attempts because you clearly know that 1) tomorrow will suck same way 2) there is no relief.

Well, I did manage to survive and got off all antidepressants except my insomnia medicine. I noticed that if I keep my sleep in check, I can somewhat function - still depressed, still anxious, stressed and tired as shit, with xanax/ambien hangover in the mornings but I could drag myself through the day to the next one.

I quit drinking alcohol completely and now I'm sober close 2 years now and was actually considering convulsive electroshock as last resort.

And then I started looking/reading stuff about cannabis - medicinal properties. I'm not saying it cures depression BUT I get relief - I can sleep because it knocks me out. I eat again without forcing and I enjoy doing it, I'm relaxed and my mind is not racing and if I go with the flow I actually start enjoying doing things - the simple ones I had to drag myself to do before. It's like the "dead horse me" got some life back, even if it's for 2-4h at the time, it beats the overwhelming misery by million fold.

I think last time I experienced the simple joy of eating something tasty when I was 3 or 5 years old and clearing my cat's litter boxes was actually fun and not the usual "must do or die task" and that is a massive change in my thinking process.

I know it's not cure but I can function and enjoy life much better, without anorgasmia or foggy head or any other side effects you will get from prescription drugs. It takes away my anxiety, stress, racing thoughts, negativity, anger. I am better father because I actually enjoy spending time with my kids and not pretend or force myself to do that and the loud sounds, lights and all that noise does not irritate me anymore. I'm chilled, relaxed, easy going, no aggression.

Now I'm getting me off the benzos that I'm so used to taking for my sleep. Last night smoked 0.2g, raided fridge, and drifted away to sleep in that warm buzzing relaxed body high without my xanax-ambien mix while watching Dexter :D I think I still have something like "afterglow" today - in a good way.

Hope it helps. I'm definitely convinced that right cannabis in proper amount will give you good relief. Works for me.

What strains are u taking. I need relief. I just can't eat...and most times do t eat for two or three days....go from angry to sad quickly...can't sleep...feel anxious for no reason....and snapping at the kids for no reason or minor infractions....don't want to be here most days and wonder why I can't be caught in a mass shooting or bombing....at least it would be over. Realized 6 weeks ago meds are not working anymore...took me 4 weeks to get an appointment with my doc...missed two..hoping I make it to see her on Thursday. I really don't want the meds but something has got to help until I can figure out what strains to grow.

What strains are u taking. I need relief. I just can't eat...and most times do t eat for two or three days....go from angry to sad quickly...can't sleep...feel anxious for no reason....and snapping at the kids for no reason or minor infractions....don't want to be here most days and wonder why I can't be caught in a mass shooting or bombing....at least it would be over. Realized 6 weeks ago meds are not working anymore...took me 4 weeks to get an appointment with my doc...missed two..hoping I make it to see her on Thursday. I really don't want the meds but something has got to help until I can figure out what strains to grow.

Lilred, I'd recommend one of the CBD strains at a CBD:THC ratio of at least 1:1, if not a 2:1. These strains have changed my daughter's life, following 34 years of unending anxiety that was disabling. It's been a night and day transformation and now she's excited about learning to live like everyone around her has been doing all along. Each day is a new wonder without anxiety. Recently she increased her dose from three capsules to four a day and discovered that waking up every morning feeling cozy and loved was a normal experience, not one that only showed up on rare occassion. Broke my mother's heart to hear her express that, but that emotion was immediately pressed aside by the joy that we'd finally found her freedom to be herself, someone she's just now getting to meet.

It is possible to overcome this disease with cannabis. Take heart, there's much to be hopeful for.

Thanks so much for everyone taking part in this thread. So many things were said that have resonated with me.

I'm almost 43 years old and at the end of last year I was diagnosed with dysthymia aka persistent depressive disorder. Come to find out, I probably had bouts of dysthymia most of my life and just didn't know it. I was prescribed Lexapro aka Escitalopram at 10MG a day. I was concerned about taking a pharmaceutical for mental shit because I've seen and heard horror stories. I had also heard good things and needed relief, so I went for it. It worked great for about 6 months and I was so stoked that I could feel normal.. as in, I could get out of bed and out the door to do something during the day. I felt calm and positive in most social situations. I was productive. I felt positive; like not forced positivity... natural positivity. I was making a lot of healthy changes in my life. After about 6 months, this feeling began to subside. I haven't revealed that to my doctor yet and I hesitate to because I assume he'll increase the dosage. I don't want to have to rely on pharmy meds for the rest of my life in order to have that feeling I had for those short 6 months.

I also have the beginnings of arthritis in my neck and knees (have had surgery on both knees, the right one recently). I'm going to take the advice I've read in this thread and elsewhere and try to start sorting out my cannabis recipe for success.

If anyone can suggest specific strains that worked well for depression and anxiety type issues.. as in 1:1 and 2:1 CBD:THC ratio strains, I'd appreciate it. If they are available in autos, those would be preferred in my current growing situation.

At the moment I'm growing Northern Lights auto for several reasons but mostly because it's a favorable strain for beginner growers and because it's supposed to help with insomnia, which my wife suffers from. Plus, my research up to this point has shown that if I want to start getting into RSO and/or CCO, indicas are the way to go. I'm pretty much a n00b to all of this, however.

I'm going to need to find something for daytime use. I've heard Blue Dream is good but when I looked up test data I found it to be 0.1-0.2% CBD to 17-24% THC. What's up with that? Anyway, I'd like to grow something after this upcoming harvest that will help me feel energetic, motivated, and uplifted; on a consistent basis. The arthritis relief isn't completely necessary at this point, but if I can kill off all the nasties at once, that would be preferred.

Thank y'all. I wish peace, love, and fulfillment to all of you perfect people.

:circle-of-love:

Depression: a good strain is Jack Herer , Harlequin ( clear head ) . Incredible Hulk, Pineapple Express for example
Northern lights helps you too for arthritis

Med GOM 1.0 is proven in my home and family to completely overcome PTSD, anxiety and depression. It's a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio. What really surprised me though was the CBD Critical Cure by Barney's. I made an olive oil extraction at the rate of 400 grams of fresh material (decarbed first) and 500 ml of olive oil and made it into capsules. We started my daughter out with three a day (00 size, 1ml each) and right off it reduced her disabling anxiety to so low that she functioned normally, but she was still waking up in the morning feeling anxious, despite vaping the Med GOM 1.0 before bed.

Then one morning, when she woke early to go pee, she decided to try one more tablet early in the day. It worked. She wakes up feeling cozy and warm, enjoying the soft wonder of the bed instead of having to look for her vaporizer to hit the breakthrough anxiety.

So I can confidentially suggest the CBD Critical Cure. I'm assuming the CBD Critical Mass will be equally as effective.

Just yesterday we had TricycleOfDoom stop at the Study Hall and leave his recipe for the capsules he made to treat his own depression. He used Blue Dream and size 0 capsules, and for him, one a day, taken at night counters suicidal-level depression.

So that's three strains right there that we know work for depression and one more likely.

I'm preparing to take an online course on using Cannabis to treat anxiety and depression. I'll alert you when I'm ready to start posting what I learn.

Thanks so much, Sue! Where is this course you are planning to take? I really appreciate you passing this information along. I will probably be putting some seeds to soil for a CBD strain in the near future.. with the hopes of making and trying these olive oil capsules.

:thumb: :circle-of-love:

Thanks so much, Sue! Where is this course you are planning to take? I really appreciate you passing this information along. I will probably be putting some seeds to soil for a CBD strain in the near future.. with the hopes of making and trying these olive oil capsules.

:thumb: :circle-of-love:

The course is offered by Green Flower Media. They're dedicated to education and they're calling on respected physicians to work with them. I can gift the course I purchased to someone of my choice. If you're interested, PM me your email address and I'll gift it to you. Or, purchase yourself and gift yours to someone else. Their goal is to spread knowledge and take cannabis mainstream. Any help we can give them furthers the cause for all of us.

The course is offered by Green Flower Media. They're dedicated to education and they're calling on respected physicians to work with them. I can gift the course I purchased to someone of my choice. If you're interested, PM me your email address and I'll gift it to you. Or, purchase yourself and gift yours to someone else. Their goal is to spread knowledge and take cannabis mainstream. Any help we can give them furthers the cause for all of us.
The courses are a true joy to watch.
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom