Moisture issues

Unknowndank

OK so I just put in a 6" exhaust to help my plants breathe some fresh air . On top of that I replaced my 150w hps to 400w hps after transplanting from 2 gallon smart pots to 5 gallon smart pots (Im still in veg). My temperature sensor and moisture reader digital meter has my temperature exactly where I need it however since the changes my RH is only 18%. I'm not sure how own accurate that is but before it was reading 50%. My plants don't look any different except their leaves pointed up as soon as I got them under 400w hps. From what I read that's a great sign. Anyways, since I noticed the RH drop I put in a humidifier however the RH is still reading between 15-20%. I understand it's possible the exhaust duct could be pulling moisture out of my closet but is there a way to keep my RH at 50% whilst running the exhaust? If I don't run my exhaust my 400w hps and 250w cfl will bring the temp in the room to 90 degrees.
PS- i cut a 6" air tight hOle in my ceiling and ran the ductwork through to my attic for heat exhaust. I have a fan regulator set all the way to low so the exhaust runs on its most minut setting. Before adding the 400w hps my RH was NEVER this low. Anyone with suggestions or tips is GREATLY appreciates!! Much love <3

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The added heat by switching to a 400W hps will in fact drop your humidity quite a bit. Your on the right track by limiting exhaust to slow the moisture escape. Do you have your ballast in your grow room? Maybe if you can relocate that in any way that will help by a few rh% points. When I bougt my humidifier I specifically bought one 10X the size I needed just because of the problem you are seeing. Not good to see rh in the teens and heat at 90 degrees. They can handle 90 degrees but only with higher rh for long. With lower rh you want to keep your temps lower for sure because they cant transpire like they need. Sounds like you need a bigger humidifier. Short term you can put a pan of water in there with them and then hang a towel so the bottom of the towel hangs in the water and acts like a wick. Let your fan hit the wet towel. That's usually good for 3-8%rh addition.

OK so I just put in a 6" exhaust to help my plants breathe some fresh air . On top of that I replaced my 150w hps to 400w hps after transplanting from 2 gallon smart pots to 5 gallon smart pots (Im still in veg). My temperature sensor and moisture reader digital meter has my temperature exactly where I need it however since the changes my RH is only 18%. I'm not sure how own accurate that is but before it was reading 50%. My plants don't look any different except their leaves pointed up as soon as I got them under 400w hps. From what I read that's a great sign. Anyways, since I noticed the RH drop I put in a humidifier however the RH is still reading between 15-20%. I understand it's possible the exhaust duct could be pulling moisture out of my closet but is there a way to keep my RH at 50% whilst running the exhaust? If I don't run my exhaust my 400w hps and 250w cfl will bring the temp in the room to 90 degrees.
PS- i cut a 6" air tight hOle in my ceiling and ran the ductwork through to my attic for heat exhaust. I have a fan regulator set all the way to low so the exhaust runs on its most minut setting. Before adding the 400w hps my RH was NEVER this low. Anyone with suggestions or tips is GREATLY appreciates!! Much love <3

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App
How big is ur closet first off what are measurements dept width and height wise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom