Mojuan's New Grow Room Ebb & Flow

mojuan

a little history first, at 1 time i was an aspiring artist ( pottery ) and i built a 12x24 foot shed. the first 10x12 was for storage.... wall....... and the other 14x12 was for my studio (work benches included). flash forward 25 or 30 years later, pottery never took off and shed was used for all just say multi-purpose, kids lived in it as 20 year olds bla bla bla. a law passed in oklahoma that allowed me to get a medical marijuana card. im allowed 6 in veg and 6 in flower and so does my kid so im allowed 12 and 12. so a year ago we decided to grow our own and had never grown ANYTHING. now keep in mind my shed had been threw a lot, weather wise, leaky roof, varmints taking up shelter and many other things. so when we started, i thought i got this, just a weed..... easy peesy. NOT!!!!!! watched enough you tube to choke a horse. killed enough clones that i started calling myself killer because that's all i was doing, decided to buy seed and accidently bought auto flower seed and couldn't understand why they were flowering at 3 inches tall. to make a long story short, i learned about, nuet burn, ph, rh, temp swings, controlled grow environment, lighting, and much much more and all i have to show for it is 5 quart mason jars, 3 half full of bud and 2 half full of shake. so in june or july i decided to shut it down till i could get a handle on a controlled grow environment. the last 4 months have been trying to say the least.

im retired from working for the city for 35 years and have a disability (messed up right arm and elbow since i was a kid) with a 5 lb weight limit and i recieve ssi. with that being said, i have had some help with the renovations but a lot of the grunt work i did myself. i started a journal on this forum and got more help here than all the youtube videos combined. decided to move out of the dirt and tents to hydroponics\ ebb and flow. the million dollar question i keep getting asked during all this is " what strain you going to grow " and my answer has always been " I'm not there yet". still waiting on new lights, ph doser and im still running test runs on the fill and drain system. when i think i have a control of the system THEN and only THEN will "I" decide what strain ill grow. I like sativa's and don't know what kind yet but ill figure it out. I'm waiting on the lights, they should be here tonight and the ph doser monday or tuesday, but I'm pretty happy with what i have going on. ill try to download the pics from my phone then up to the forum, (technically challenged too lol).
thanks again to all the people on here helping newbies....... we need it. i read 1 guy say " if it was easy everybody would be growing it" i just have to remember K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid.
20190908_090635.jpg20190908_090843.jpg20190908_090929.jpg20190914_111654.jpg20190914_122031.jpg20190915_120756.jpg20190915_125050.jpg20190915_202625.jpg20190916_133110.jpg20190916_133958.jpg
I'll post 10 more in a min
:passitleft:

Ok, went out of town for 2 days and doing a res change, cleaning pumps and the chiller pump isn't pumping. Take the hose off and blow thru it and this came out after about 3 blows. I about passed out from blowing lol, I'm going to pass on the feeding tonight and RO some more water overnight and reclean the res but let the chiller cycle through clear rez overnight too. Double dosed the clear rez.
15782756963117675706864642026215.jpg

Yuk
:passitleft:

Quick question, I have a 55 gallon reservoir, I fill it to 42 so it doesn't empty completely on the fill cycle. Was using a seedlings and clone mixture and the ppm was around 950 to 1100. I started the veg mixture and the ppm went up to around 2200 so I added another 7 gallons to make it 49 gallons. Ppm went down to 1950. The girls started drinking 2 gallons a day for the next 5 days and brought the gallons down to 39 38 gallons. Ppm stayed right at 1820- 1850. I had to add more water so not to empty my reservoir when it fill cycled, ppm went down to 1650. Res change is Sunday so I don't really want to add any nuets, just wait or add nuets?

Quick question, I have a 55 gallon reservoir, I fill it to 42 so it doesn't empty completely on the fill cycle. Was using a seedlings and clone mixture and the ppm was around 950 to 1100. I started the veg mixture and the ppm went up to around 2200 so I added another 7 gallons to make it 49 gallons. Ppm went down to 1950. The girls started drinking 2 gallons a day for the next 5 days and brought the gallons down to 39 38 gallons. Ppm stayed right at 1820- 1850. I had to add more water so not to empty my reservoir when it fill cycled, ppm went down to 1650. Res change is Sunday so I don't really want to add any nuets, just wait or add nuets?
I always recommend topping off with phed nutetrient solution ..same ppm as whats in the res or a tad stronger to bring it back up to its original valuenad phed to aid it moving the ph in whatever direction I need it to go in the res whether it needs to go up or down ..in your situation it would be the 1950 . Based on what you said the plant uptake was more food than water , I always strive for a close balance meaning try to get it dialed into to the intake of nutes and water is 1:1 . Take notes on your feed and if you clone this strain you will know exactly what you need to do in regards to feed . Now with your style system the ppm/ec that you use will always be higher than my dwc simply because of how it works . The biggest thing you need to watch for are the burnt tips ..the very tip of your fan leaves will start to turn yellow when you are pushing the plant with feed ..when you see this do not go any stronger ...wait and then if you see the tip start to g from yellow to brown I could cut the feed down by several hundred ppm as the brown is an indication of overfertilization starting and you do not what to deal with what come after that as its a pian ...also make note of the feed that you are giving it when either happens as I stated earlier it will help you if you run this strain again . As far as adding close to res change , charge it to the game.

Thanks, I've just been adding RO water, but I've always read that if I added neuts, I wouldn't know what nuets they were up taking, so I just added water to be safe
well the thing is we really don't know what they are up taking . we only see the value drop,stay the same or rise . so look at keeping the value constant as long as they are feeding well . and that is the reason for 7-10 day res changes .

well the thing is we really don't know what they are up taking . we only see the value drop,stay the same or rise . so look at keeping the value constant as long as they are feeding well . and that is the reason for 7-10 day res changes .
I really do appreciate you giving advice, I'm pretty stoked about what's happening, see if I can find some old pics of what happened a year ago, lol it was bad mmmmmkay, lol
20181203_201447.jpg20181203_201443.jpg

I really do appreciate you giving advice, I'm pretty stoked about what's happening, see if I can find some old pics of what happened a year ago, lol it was bad mmmmmkay, lol
20181203_201447.jpg20181203_201443.jpg
your welcome ...two things right of the bat from the pic one I cant see but did you use rooting gel or powder ? if not you should of , it doesn't look like you had a dome on them .. the need almost 100% humidity until they root , 3 trim te big fan leaves off or cut them back like half of each tip.

your welcome ...two things right of the bat from the pic one I cant see but did you use rooting gel or powder ? if not you should of , it doesn't look like you had a dome on them .. the need almost 100% humidity until they root , 3 trim te big fan leaves off or cut them back like half of each tip.
That was a year ago lol, learned a lot since then

Back
Top Bottom