Molassess

Smoking Wings I agree with you. I think what jaynewbie is referring to is leaf rust. Plants that are watered at night can pick this up. I have only heard of this happening outdoors when watering at night and splashing water from the soil onto the leaves. Just my 2 cents.

It should not cause leaf burn. It is just a sugar mixed in with the water. Yes, salt based fertilizers might burn if the water drop dries while on the leaf. But a foliar feed would not work since the plant will not be able to do anything with the sugars in the molasses.

Not sure why you could not find anything for coco with molasses while doing a google search. I used the keywords of:
feeding molasses to coco coir grow

The idea that a drop of water all by itself will somehow cause a burn spot is something I just cannot buy. It does not happen outside in sunlight so why would it happen inside? When I to look it up and try to find examples all that I come across is anecdotal evidence. The evidence that goes something like this "My uncle's barber's wife said that her bus driver said that....". I just cannot find documented references that this happens or is a problem.

@Gardener022 got it right, the correct term is leaf rust . Plus i'm only feeding my plants during lights on and feeding em daily only.

Back
Top Bottom