sue bee honey?

sully508

here i am once again trying to get information from you guys/ gals.
was wondering if honey is a good sweetener for approx 5 weeks into 12/12.
or if it can be used at all. its nectar recycled. and i like it on my pancakes.
i use molasses and was thinking honey?its all natural. so i got some sue bee honey and was thinking i better be sure than sorry by asking someone.:thanks:

Molasses is probably better.

"In the soil it can:

Feed microbes to stimulate the conversion of nitrates to the more
efficient NH2 form of N to synthesize protein more directly by the plants.

The roots can directly absorb some of the sugars into the sap stream to
supplement the leaf supply to fruit where it is most needed, and also directly
feed the roots for continued productive growth.

The added sugar can also help initiate fruiting buds in a steady-slow
fashion while maintaining normal growth."

I've read of growers using honey instead, but I would research it further before using it over molasses.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain all the micronutes that molasses has.

Love it with peanut butter though ;).

Hope this helps I pulled it off of wiki
HONEY
The pH of honey is commonly between 3.2 and 4.5.[64] This relatively acidic pH level prevents the growth of many bacteria

Typical honey analysis

Fructose: 38.2%
Glucose: 31.3%
Sucrose: 1.3%
Maltose: 7.1%
Water: 17.2%
Higher sugars: 1.5%
Ash: 0.2%
Other/undetermined: 3.2%

Nutrition
Honey is a mixture of sugars and other compounds. With respect to carbohydrates, honey is mainly fructose (about 38.5%) and glucose (about 31.0%), making it similar to the synthetically produced inverted sugar syrup which is approximately 48% fructose, 47% glucose, and 5% sucrose. Honey's remaining carbohydrates include maltose, sucrose, and other complex carbohydrates. Honey contains trace amounts of several vitamins and minerals. As with all nutritive sweeteners, honey is mostly sugars and is not a significant source of vitamins or minerals. Honey also contains tiny amounts of several compounds thought to function as antioxidants, including chrysin, pinobanksin, vitamin C, catalase, and pinocembrin. The specific composition of any batch of honey depends on the flowers available to the bees that produced the honey."

From what i see it look better than molas It also said when dilutted it has peroxide. here read this
Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide in honey is activated by dilution. However, unlike medical hydrogen peroxide, commonly 3% by volume, it is present in a concentration of only 1 mmol/L in honey. Honey chelates and deactivates the free ion, which starts the formation of oxygen free radicals produced by hydrogen peroxide and the antioxidant constituents in honey help clean up oxygen free radicals present.[66]

C6H12O6 + H2O + O2 → C6H12O7 + H2O2
When used topically (as, for example, a wound dressing), hydrogen peroxide is produced by dilution with body fluids. As a result, hydrogen peroxide is released slowly and acts as an antiseptic.
cant really say if this helps in it but if it cleans somthing on small levels I guess it is doing somthing kinda like all those micro we all have in our gardens

hope this helps have a good day

this seems like the pertinent part as regards honey:

"As with all nutritive sweeteners, honey is mostly sugars and is not a significant source of vitamins or minerals."

here's something from Wikipedia on molasses:

"The third boiling of the sugar syrup makes blackstrap molasses. The majority of sucrose from the original juice has been crystallized, but blackstrap molasses is still mostly sugar by calories.[2] However, unlike refined sugars, it contains significant amounts of vitamins and minerals. Blackstrap molasses is a source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron; one tablespoon provides up to 20% of the daily value of each of those nutrients."

wow thats some serious breakdown of honey. i didnt know honey was that beneficial. wow man you guys know your shit.
i'll probably use it once as an anti-ox. but continue w/molases.
im using tigerbloom and am ready to change to a 0 nitrogen nute.
any suggestions? on one i was looking at fox farm big bloom .08-3-1..i was also thinking Kool Bloom by GH 2-45-28.
im going to the hydro store tommorow.
.dont know what i should use after the tiger bloom. maybe i should stick w/ fox farm.
fox farm big bloom is organic w/ bat guano and worm castings.
plus getting supplies for the next grow. im stocking up. cant wait for the warm weather. thanks guys i really appreciate your input.
:thanks:

this seems like the pertinent part as regards honey:

"As with all nutritive sweeteners, honey is mostly sugars and is not a significant source of vitamins or minerals."

one tablespoon provides up to 20% of the daily value of each of those nutrients."
thats cool SS
I think a better question would be need to be answered by a bontanist here we go lets see if i can word this properlly.

is the uptaking of nutes more benifical with honey or molasses?

which is accually more benifical considering ease of uptake of nutes?

Antimicrobial properties and which has more?
(((Antimicrobial Properties
Honey has the capacity to serve as a natural food preservative. Research has
demonstrated the potential for honey to reduce enzymatic browning in fruits and vegetables and prevent lipid oxidation in meats. Most of the antibacterial activity
of the honeys occurs due to hydrogen peroxide generation.1 Other researchers
have identifi ed the fl avonoids in honey, particularly caffeic acid and ferulic acid, as the most likely contributors))) kinda makes you wonder if your herb can bvecome SHISHA.lol would be crazy and could last for a very long time.

which has more antioxidents and do they help with plant life? one could only think)

honey;Antioxidants3
Honey contains a variety of phytochemicals (as well as other substances such
as organic acids, vitamins, and enzymes) that may serve as sources of dietary
antioxidants

molasses; although it is very tough finding any info on antioxidents contained in molasses I did find some report and testimonilals about curing cancer and just 2tbsps a day accounts for 14% of daily copper it does have a lot of great stufff in it.

here is the breakdown of molasses
Blackstrap molasses

In-depth nutrient analysis:

Blackstrap molasses
(Note: "--" indicates data is unavailable)
amount 2.00 tsp
total weight 13.67 g
Basic Components
nutrient amount %DV
calories 32.12 1.78
calories from fat 0.00
calories from saturated fat 0.00
protein 0.00 g 0.00
carbohydrates 8.31 g 2.77
dietary fiber 0.00 g 0.00
soluble fiber 0.00 g
insoluble fiber 0.00 g
sugar - total 5.85 g
monosaccharides 2.09 g
disaccharides 3.68 g
other carbs 2.46 g
fat - total 0.00 g 0.00
saturated fat 0.00 g 0.00
mono fat 0.00 g 0.00
poly fat 0.00 g 0.00
trans fatty acids 0.00 g
cholesterol 0.00 mg 0.00
water 3.92 g
ash 1.12 g
Vitamins
nutrient amount %DV
vitamin A IU 0.00 IU 0.00
vitamin A RE 0.00 RE
A - carotenoid 0.00 RE 0.00
A - retinol 0.00 RE
A - beta carotene 0.00 mcg
thiamin - B1 0.00 mg 0.00
riboflavin - B2 0.01 mg 0.59
niacin - B3 0.15 mg 0.75
niacin equiv 0.15 mg
vitamin B6 0.10 mg 5.00
vitamin B12 0.00 mcg 0.00
biotin -- mcg --
vitamin C 0.00 mg 0.00
vitamin D IU 0.00 IU 0.00
vitamin D mcg 0.00 mcg
vitamin E alpha equiv 0.00 mg 0.00
vitamin E IU 0.00 IU
vitamin E mg 0.00 mg
folate 0.14 mcg 0.04
vitamin K -- mcg --
pantothenic acid 0.12 mg 1.20
Minerals
nutrient amount %DV
boron -- mcg
calcium 117.53 mg 11.75
chloride -- mg
chromium -- mcg --
copper 0.28 mg 14.00
fluoride -- mg --
iodine -- mcg --
iron 2.39 mg 13.28
magnesium 29.38 mg 7.34
manganese 0.36 mg 18.00
molybdenum -- mcg --
phosphorus 5.47 mg 0.55
potassium 340.57 mg 9.73
selenium 2.43 mcg 3.47
sodium 7.52 mg 0.31
zinc 0.14 mg 0.93
here is the refrence WHFoods: Blackstrap molasses

. I think together these two can be crazy big punch of great stuff lastly I will leave this info I love it and honey just a little more than molasses maybe because its just intresting stuff these flavonoids are cool and help plant life alot
Flavonoids are widely distributed in plants fulfilling many functions.

Flavonoids are the most important pigments for flower coloration producing yellow or red/blue pigmentation in petals. Those colors are a mean to attract pollinator animals.

They also protect plants from attacks by microbes and insects. I can blog more but I want more definate information and will be testing one plant with both and the rest with none just to see if any differnce in the last two weekd hope this help

:ganjamon:i just started w/ honey 1 tbl. spoon per gal. spring water. i used it in all plants last night, w/nectarflora fruitnfussion by GH. ill use the molasses for the next watering w/ my new nutes. i didnt know molasses had that many vitamins and so much other stuff wow.
i just thought i was helping my uptake and sweetening. i had no idea.
i got bud candy by AN, and fox farm big bloom. i also got a MH conversion bulb ushio 400w blue 7200k. its got alot of blue, violet and red in its spectrum. it looks like those new headlights on the bmw's kind of blueish purple.getting 10, 8 ball kush fem seeds from barney's. its an idica dominant afgan strain. well i dropped $26usd on the bud candy (1 liter),22 on the FF bloom (also 1 liter) and 105 for the bulb. that was my monthly trip to the hydro store.
thanks again for all the good info ps and ss. happy new year. may it be a bountiful and high yeild year lol. i hope more progress to use it medicinally takes place.they're not to far away in massachusetts us . at least they decriminalized it. $100 ticket if you get caught w/ an ounce or less. which made freedom fest in boston so much better last sep. good luck

Back
Top Bottom