Bees - cannabis plants - pollen - honey?

pedrolyte

I was just wondering the other day; would bees that had access to cannabis plants make interesting honey?

OK, my mind was wandering a bit, but honey from bees that have had access to various plants have various tastes and qualities, including some medicinal properties, for example; Manuka honey is supposed to be excellent for peptic ulcers, and many varieties from different floral regions have strong anti-bacterial properties.

I am not sure that the properties of cannabis pollen would have any great effect in honey, or would it? Manuka honey? .. how about Matanuska honey!!

Any thoughts?l

Re: Bees, cannabis plants, pollen, honey..?

definently would be some good tasting honey.
awesome sig btw

I doubt it would get you high, but it would smell good!

Not all plants are pollinated by bees, marijuana is one of them. The male plant releases it's pollen and wind carries it to the female plant. no bees involved, no cannabis honey.

^^That and who really wants a bunch of male plants around (for the pollen that the bees need to make honey) and bees flying around spreading it to who knows where pollinating somebody's potential sinsemilla? Nice thought, though.

I was just wondering the other day; would bees that had access to cannabis plants make interesting honey?

OK, my mind was wandering a bit, but honey from bees that have had access to various plants have various tastes and qualities, including some medicinal properties, for example; Manuka honey is supposed to be excellent for peptic ulcers, and many varieties from different floral regions have strong anti-bacterial properties.

I am not sure that the properties of cannabis pollen would have any great effect in honey, or would it? Manuka honey? .. how about Matanuska honey!!

Any thoughts?l

i thought the same thing today, and low and behold a photo of a bee on a bud pops up. i want to eat it's honey made from what i suspect is the resin of the female plant, yum, imagine the flavour and the chemical make up of the honey; i'm now doing a bit more research on what manuka honey is...

Manuka honey is made from the manuka tea tree not weed . It is just honey, no thc. Bees may land on a marijuana plant occasionally but they are not feeding on the plant and transferring pollen.

This brilliant 39 year old man from France, Nicolas Trainerbees, has done what no one else has been able to do. He has figured out how to train bees to make cannabis honey, and he calls it CannaHoney. A quick google search shows this is not a new idea as there are many links of people trying to infuse cannabis into honey, but nobody does it like this guy does!

Nicolas is an artisan, a locksmith & a beekeeper, along with being an all around nature lover and a strong advocate for medical marijuana.

He has been beekeeping for over 20 years. Since 2006 he has been studying how to train bees to make honey from cannabis and in 2013 he saw his first success... CANNAHONEY! He currently has 30 hives and works with his wife in France, though he is aiming to continue his work in Spain where laws are less restrictive and where it is easier to find professionals to study his work and properly analyze the properties of this new creation.

Consider the potentially potent health benefits of combining these two exceptional gifts from Mother Nature. As far as he can tell at this point, this honey has the same effects as cannabis with thc & cbd's and also has a nice floral flavor which varies depending which strain of cannabis they are working with at the time.
Bees Make Honey From Cannabis
Theres a video too

Back
Top Bottom