Mold ID Please

Please read more of this thread. No, fungus on the soil surface isn't necessarily a good sign. Yes, roots like oxygen, but peroxide in the water will kill beneficial soil microbes.
I read it all but I've never had any type of mold growing in anything I've run I just read that certain molds are beneficial to the plants I shouldn't have commented seeing that I've Never experienced the issue was only trying to help

I have used H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) to save a plant from root rot. When it was showing green and healthy again I added mychomycorrhizal fungi to promot the root biosphere.

Again, we have not answered the OP's question... "Mold ID Please". In fact, we can't answer that question.

With all the fungal species out there – mycorrhizal and otherwise – with their spores drifting on the wind and flowing in the water, the devil is in the details. Generalizing about "white fuzz" doesn't help much.

Wishing you well @1337sp33d !

and happy growing! 🪴
Thanks after a 45 year break there is a lot to catch up on.

Cool, cool, cool…I understand. Fortunately - been there, done that, got the t-shirt…white whispy fuzz is a very common when cooking soil, every time you open a bin thats microbed up and watered in - the white whispy fuzz should be visible on top. This was going on in (he who shall not be named) threads back to 2013. when soil is properly mineralized & microbed

in my experience white fuzz will naturally dissipate after a few days continuous exposure to air and light. Pretty confident it poses no threat…don’t think that species can live above ground for long without dark or confined space & humidity like in plastic tote with lid

I do grasp everyone’s concern and there definelty could be some bad white whispy fuzz but think we are 420% clear on this one given the use of great white…. I’ll be curious to see results if the OP runs 2 test cups mentioned above
thanks

Back
Top Bottom