Mold on my pots

Ralleygirl23

I am growing 2 different auto flower strains, one is either 60 day lemon or a strain called ametaphines, the other is purple kush, well after about a week or 2 the unknown strain has mold coming from the fabric pot, I read to use neem oil, rubbing alcohol and lemon juice, I have no idea where the mold came from at the moment I have the advance platinum p450 led light and a fan I have no type of carbon filter or exhaust fans yet, and really have not been worrying about humidity since the plants are looking fairly beautiful what’s the easiest and safest way to remove the mold?

I have no idea where the mold came from

Mold spores are effectively everywhere on the planet. It tends to grow where conditions support it. That is one concern I have about those fabric (type) pots. Seems like a better environment for mold growth than a smooth-sided plastic pot. Which is not to say that every fabric pot grows mold; obviously, it isn't like that. But a rougher surface, one that is porous and, therefore, allows both moisture and nutrients to permeate and pass through the material, well... I'm thinking it does increase the odds a bit.

what’s the easiest and safest way to remove the mold?

If it was me, especially with young plants like that, I'd use a new double-edged razor blade to slice the pot away from the... err... pot ( ;) ), and then stick it into a new container. Either a non-porous one or, if the fabric type, one that is still relatively sterile.

Milk is said to kill (or at least deactivate) it.

BtW, I think that might be powdery mildew instead of mold (but the same generalities apply). It won't kill plants outright (as far as I know), but can weaken them and diminish photosynthesis. May or may not be an issue here - I really don't know whether just having it growing on/in the pot causes the detrimental effects, or if the stuff has to actually be on the plants' leaves. We get kind of anal in the care of our cannabis plants, much more than a person growing tomatoes probably does. Then again, we don't have to pay upwards of $100 per quarter-ounce for tomatoes, lol.

I'd say this is just the salts and other nute buildup on the outside of the fabric pots. This is common with these, which is why they recommend cleaning them after each use. But you're fine, unless you're seeing actual mold. But mine have always had buildup throughout a grow.

Here's a pic from a journal I did last year. This was harvest day, see my fabric pot?

Ok thx guys these are young autos, they definitely do not like being transplanted either I will try to clean the pot this is my first time using them so it kinda freaked me out lol

yeah, i have this problem too. Might be a reason to not use them, unless there is something we can pretreat the pots with. I got freaked out from it, took them outta the area, dabbed with wet cloth to clean off. Then got the brillant idea to spray with white vinager to prevent, stunk like a mofor. My outtake is right at floor level, with plants pretty much infront, and still getting it.

im cocoloco and water everyday for 10% runoff. and they are elevated.

idk, kinda frustrating, but if you guys say dont worry, Im still gonna,lol..

yeah, i have this problem too. Might be a reason to not use them, unless there is something we can pretreat the pots with. I got freaked out from it, took them outta the area, dabbed with wet cloth to clean off. Then got the brillant idea to spray with white vinager to prevent, stunk like a mofor. My outtake is right at floor level, with plants pretty much infront, and still getting it.

im cocoloco and water everyday for 10% runoff. and they are elevated.

idk, kinda frustrating, but if you guys say dont worry, Im still gonna,lol..

Don't know that I'd be spraying vinegar on the fabric and have it bleed through into the soil. I still don't see what the issue is, you don't like seeing the buildup on the pot? It's not mold, or everyone that grows in them would be saying the same thing. WHAT YOU'RE SEEING IS NORMAL

ok man, i just keep on thinkin its gettting into the flowers, but if you say so, then Im at ease.

lol, yeah, i didnt douse them, just a mist, didnt seem to have a problem with it,

Back
Top Bottom