Money to burn

mtlhead

I've got about a $300 budget for lights and a hydro system and want some edjucated advice. I will be buying off e-bay and am also looking for referances as to who is a safe seller there as well.

My growing area is 2'x2'x6' with enough circulation to change air 7x hr in a 400c.f. room. I am presently using 4 27w cfl's around the outer perimeter of of a soon to be mother, with a pair of 70w hps lights 8" over the top. I will be growing 4-5 plants using scrog.

What I think I need is a 400w hps w/400mh conv. bulb (switch ballast's are cost prohibitive with my budget, right?) and either a Hydrofarm drip system or an ebb-flow that will fit in a 24"x 20" area. The system needs to be self sufficiant enough for me to have the freedom to be gone for 2-3 days on occasion (not often, but just in case). I want to build my own Aeroponic type cloning system, but what would be the correct procedure for going from exposed root cloning to veggin' in the method suggested above.

thank's for all the help here, things have really changed in 15 yrs since my old dirt days!

from what I've read about it, being gone for 2-3 days at a time is not condusive to a scrog grow in the early stages of 12/12 light cycle. Plants need to be tended to very frequenlty durring this phaze. You could try LST instead.

scrog is already underway, but I do understand what your sayin'. I'll just see how well it goes on this grow and adjust accordingly. I'm really hoping it works out and I can manage the timing, otherwise it will have to be another method.

Back
Top Bottom