Monkey's Tree House: Perpetual Multi-Tent LED Bucket Scrog w/ PICS!

Thanks CO! That means a lot coming from you. I checked out a few of your youtube vids and your reviews were part of the reason I ended up with the Reflector LED.

Outstanding. I appreciate you taking the time to watch them. You are going to be very happy with yield and electric bill.

Any links for a DIY air cooled hood bruv. And yeah man k.I.S.S mentality is the only mentality lol. But I need to rethink my venting man just so fuckin difficult lol. Excuse my vocabulary.

Honestly can't wait to see your grow up and running man. Gonna be quality how long you thinking before your up and running?? Monkey madness bro

Oh yeah and all my plants turning hermie think it's a genetic thing man seeds in buds means hermie seeds I think lol nut oh well this was trial and error still gonna keep plucking balls hahahahaha

Any links for a DIY air cooled hood bruv.

how long you thinking before your up and running??

No links that I can post here, but just do a google search for "DIY cool tube" and that will be a good start. Otherwise, PM me and we can work together on it.

I probably should've germinated by now. On my last grow, I got so excited and popped my seeds before I had anything setup for them to grow in. As a result, that whole grow was half-assed because I couldn't keep up with my plants. I really wanted to do it differently this time and make sure that their environment is all ready for them before I pop. Either way, I'll probably be popping seeds within the next few days.

Its getting harder and harder everyday to hold out. I keep looking at my setup and saying "I need to see some GREEN in here!" But I'm trying to be patient to give my girls the best possible upbringing.

:Namaste:
-Monkey

Yeah man I'll do that it would be good to have a few ideas. And yeah being patient man that's a good thing right there. I wish I had I got the kit on the Monday germinated seeds same day and they were in within 2 days too quick.

I think ventilation is the hardest step to overcome imo lol.

Takes so mucheasing about and it's never right I need a bigger fan I know that the temp today was crazy paving man.

Where you get your LED light from mate?!

Yeah man I'll do that it would be good to have a few ideas. And yeah being patient man that's a good thing right there. I wish I had I got the kit on the Monday germinated seeds same day and they were in within 2 days too quick.

I think ventilation is the hardest step to overcome imo lol.

Takes so much measing about and it's never right I need a bigger fan I know that the temp today was crazy paving man.

Today was a very busy day in the Tree House. The controller kit came in today (gotta love FedEx delivering on a Saturday!) and I just couldn't wait to get it put together. It was quite a lot of work though, and took a few hours to get assembled. I did an initial leak test and it looks like one of my float switches has a small drip coming out of it. Nothing that can't be managed, but I'm gonna try to contact the company on Monday and get a replacement anyways. The kit did come with 2 green LEDs to indicate when the fill and drain pumps are active. I didn't want ANY lights in my tent other than the grow light, so I just left those off. The only downside is there are 2 small holes in the front of the controller now, but I would've taped over the LEDs otherwise.

I'll post some pics of the controller in a little while.

I went ahead and plumbed 2 buckets with a single 3/4" line to each, coming off a "T" fitting in the controller. This means is time to pop some SEEDS!!! I'm gonna go ahead and do my 2 autoflowers as a test run since they were freebies anyhow. I've got Auto Blueberry and La Musa that are going in paper towels right now!!! :yahoo:

Grow journal will start as soon as I get some tails and get them into rockwool.

TopLED, They are one of our sponsors and seem to make really great lights.

-Monkey

Oh yes the show is almost in the road!!

I like the idea of your setup, screens quality and that light is a winner man. I'll be watching your feeding routines and everything, not judging or passing comments just gaining knowledge I guess lol.

I'll PM you shortly bro

As promised, here are some pics of the controller bucket (yes its a waste basket):

IMG_096822.JPG

IMG_096923.JPG

IMG_097023.JPG

I tried refitting the leaking float switch to no avail. It still leaks. I wanted to use a 5 gallon bucket for the controller, but I didn't think the float switches would get a good seal on the round surface. Plus the trash can is slightly taller than the buckets, so I had a little extra room at the top for the 2nd fill cut off float. You can also see where I left out the pump LEDs on the front. I think I'm going to have to use something sturdier than a waste basket for this though...

Also, today in the Tree House, I put together most of the cloner bucket. I still have to get a lid and drill it out for the plant sites, but check it out:

IMG_096625.JPG

Gonna need to make a trip to the hydro store tomorrow for some rockwool cubes for the germinating seeds and a few other odds and ends.

-Monkey

Hey guys,

Today wasn't the most productive day in the Tree House, but I got a few things done. I'm really striking out on finding a new container for this control bucket. The wastebasket idea so far hasn't worked at all. On top of that, I mounted the drain off switch too low in the bucket. So as soon as the drain on switch drops, the pump shuts off immediately. Ideally, what I need is a bucket at least 14.5" tall, with flat sides, and holds no more than 5 gallons. I found a couple online, but I'd rather buy it locally than pay shipping on $5 buckets. I checked the hydro store and the big box store and found nothing.

I did finish the cloner and its gonna be awesome! Go figure that the LAST thing I'm going to need to build just happens to be the first thing that's actually done. I also picked up some 7" ducting and will start working on my ventilation shortly. No signs of life yet from the seeds, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there. Otherwise, all is well.

IMG_097122.JPG

IMG_097426.JPG

IMG_097523.JPG

-Monkey

Well, real life sometimes throws a kink in your plans. I have to be out of town for a few days and right as I'm trying to get these seeds popped. They both have cracked and one is showing signs of its taproot, so I went ahead and transferred them to their rockwool cubes. They look very lonely in there all by themselves. Fortunately, Mrs. Monkey can water them while I'm gone.

IMG_097920.JPG

I also went ahead and ordered my square buckets. I'm pretty excited about these, they are 16.5" tall, 5 gallons, and of course square. It just seems silly to have to special order these, but oh well. They should be here by the end of the week along with my replacement float switch. So I'll get to rebuild my controller the right way once I'm back in town.

I hope all is well in your garden!
-Monkey

Mind if I follow along.

I don't mind at all Scotty! :welcome: Welcome and thanks for following along!

IMG_098217.JPG

IMG_098427.JPG

IMG_098519.JPG

IMG_098823.JPG

IMG_098920.JPG

I was a busy busy monkey today. I got back in town and had my new buckets waiting for me. As you can see, they turned out better than expected. I rebuilt the controller with the new bucket and ditched that flimsy little trash can. IMHO, this is how a controller bucket should be. I ran a test and no leaks and everything works great. I got tired of looking at the holes in the front of the controller. So I popped the LEDs in, but didn't connect them. I went ahead and plumbed a second line to each bucket as well.

I'd say my first tent is about 80% complete. All that's left to do is attach the flange and fan to the carbon filter, and plumb in the reservoir. I also got some fancy ratcheting light hangers and rigged up a little chain to pull the light as far up as possible. And last but not least, I installed the final scrog frame in the third tent.

-Monkey

Another busy day of Monkey Madness in the Tree House. Today I assembled the fan and filter and got my initial ventilation setup. I still need to fix the ducting in place to do some light trapping. I also added a couple velcro strips to the front of tents 1 & 2 to hold the doors for 2 & 3. Check it out:

IMG_099916.JPG

Tent 1 & 2
IMG_099817.JPG

Tent 2 & 3
IMG_099017.JPG

Fan & Filter
IMG_099119.JPG

Extraction Ducting
IMG_099516.JPG

Tent 1 (left) top
IMG_099618.JPG

Tent 1 (left) bottom
IMG_099217.JPG

Tent 2 (center) top
IMG_099320.JPG

Tent 2 (center) bottom
IMG_099717.JPG

Tent 3 (right)
IMG_100012.JPG

Velcro!

I'm running a temperature test in tent 3 right now with the LED on full blast. The fan is a little noisy, but nothing that can't be managed. I think I'll be routing and taping the ducting to create extra bends for light proofing. I'll probably also add some filter material to all of the intakes for pest prevention.

-Monkey

Back
Top Bottom